We haven’t been to a movie theater for the past 3 years. I am really planning to take some action on that but then again, there should a fun movie that Avyan would enjoy. These days, all he likes to watch on TV are rhymes. So yes, we are all ears to get some advice on how to get started with movie theaters. In the meantime, we cuddle up in the couch and catch up on that paused movie with a big bowl of popcorn. Our favorite lazy Sunday afternoon routine!
Our little boy loves popcorn. We need to just utter the word and the little fella runs to the kitchen looking for “pocom”. He then helps Arvind in placing the pouch inside the microwave and even turns the microwave on. Then, he waits patiently, right next to his Dad, staring the microwave with a big bowl in his tiny hands. Watching those excited eyes as he starts munching the popcorns is a sheer joy. Also, he likes the rituals while eating. The big bowl needs to pass from Mamma to Avyan to Papa and all the way back, even though we are all sitting on the same couch. Of course, there are at times when he prefers to take the entire control of that bowl.
We usually go for easy microwave popcorn that is loaded with butter or cheese. But occasionally, I do like to add some grown up flavors. This Sriracha Popcorn makes for a perfect snack with some chilled beer. Super yum! I did tone down the spice level, as the little fella couldn’t wait for me to finish the shoot so he could jump right in. I guess that my indulgence on popcorn during pregnancy had something to do with that.
- ½ cup popcorn kernels
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- pinch of salt
- Mix melted butter and sriracha sauce.
- Use a covered heavy bottom saucepan and mix the popcorn kernels with half the mixture of butter and sriracha sauce.
- Switch on the heat to medium high and cover the saucepan allowing a little bit of steam to pass through.
- Within few minutes, the kernels will start popping. Shake the pan back and forth very gently and carefully.
- Once the popping slows down to a couple of seconds in between the pops, remove the pan from heat.
- Remove the lid, pour rest of the butter-sriracha mixture and give it a gentle mix.
- Finally, put the popcorn in a bowl and serve immediately.