Crunchy baked crackers topped with the popular everything bagel seasoning, the crackers are so easy to bake. Served with hummus or any of your favorite dip, the Everything Bagel Crackers makes a great party appetizer. All it needs in 4 ingredients.
Homemade Everything Bagel Crackers are so easy to make that once you get the hang of it, you will make it on repeat. The Everything Bagel topping is something I like a lot. I don’t bake bagel at home, but I use the topping on bread, on avocado toast, and sometimes on salad too. The crunch it gives is so tasty!
What ingredients are added to make the Everything Bagel Crackers?
- All purpose flour
- Course Semolina
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
The step is really easy. You make tight dough, roll it out, spread the seasoning and press it down. Cut and bake. These Everything Bagel Crackers stayed crunchy for more than a month. I kept it in an airtight container.
Two Important Key Notes on Everything Bagel Crackers
- Roll the dough evenly and cut the cracker of the same size so it bakes evenly.
- Store the crackers only when it cools down completely.
What is Everything Bagel Seasoning?
Everything Bagel is the most preferred choice of bagel that has a wide variety of toppings on it.
Here is an interesting article on How did the Everything Bagel Come about?
What spices are in this seasoning?
- Poppy Seeds
- Sesame Seeds
- Black Sesame Seeds
- Minced Dried Garlic
- Minced Dried Onion
- Flaked Sea Salt (in tiny portion)
I used the trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend
Whether you use Everything Bagel seasoning or any other seasoning of you choice, these crackers are a hit in every party. Great snack bite too with tea or coffee!
More appetizer ideas:
Everything Bagel Crackers
with hummus or any of your favorite dip, the Everything Bagel Crackers makes a great party appetizer. All it needs in 4 ingredients.
- 1 and ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup course semolina
- 1- teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon oil plus little more to brush on the rolled dough
- water to form the dough
- 1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
- In a mixing bowl add the flour and semolina along with the salt and oil. Mix it around to form a crumbly texture. The mixture should hold shape when a little amount is squeezed tightly. If the shape is not forming, pour little more oil and mix again. This is an important step to get the crunchy texture of the crackers.
- Add water little by little to form pliable tight dough. Cover the dough and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F
- Then roll it out to ⅛ inch thick. To make it easy, you could also place the dough between two-parchment paper and roll it out.
- Sprinkle the everything bagel seasoning and gently roll one last time to just press down the seasonings. Brush little oil on top and then using a knife or a pizza cutter, slice into bite size crackers. You could also make it circle or any other shape you prefer.
- Layer the shaped crackers on a cookie sheet and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until it’s mildly golden brown. Depending on the oven it might bake faster so keep an eye after 15 minutes.
- Once cooled completely store the crackers in an airtight jar. It will stay crunchy for more than a month.