Sweet, chunky apple bites with a hint of ginger and delicate crumbs from almond flour, this Apple Almond Cake is a delightful teacake! Drizzle some salted caramel on the cake and it goes to a whole new level of lusciousness. It’s an easy one-bowl apple almond cake recipe that barely needs any effort.
I could quite conveniently forget about the pint of ice cream in the freezer or the bar of chocolate lying around. However, a fruitcake like this is my weakness.
This cake is not overly sweet or covered with frosting but it’s quite comforting. It’s crumbly yet still moist and dare I say, it’s a great snack too.
Some days, it’s ok to skip the nuts or fruits and instead, indulge on a slice of cake for snack.
Apple Almond Cake in ONE BOWL
This is a very straightforward one-bowl cake recipe that doesn’t need any stand mixer either. You could even whisk it using a fork. It’s that convenient!
There is no butter in the recipe, which is another reason why I enjoy this cake guilt-free. Goodness of almond, a little hint of heat from ginger, crunchy sweet apple all binds together beautifully.
The drizzle of salted caramel is absolutely optional, but I tell you what, it’s just so good with that caramel sauce.
Is this Apple Almond Cake Gluten Free?
Sadly no! I did add little bit of all purpose flour to the batter. I am not sure if replacing it with some kind of gluten free flour will work or not but you can surely try.
I will probably try that sometime and will update this section accordingly.
Here is the link to the salted caramel recipe that I had shared earlier.
You want keep these points in mind
- If you are allergic to nuts, you can bake the cake using just all-purpose flour.
- You can use choose to peel or apple or leave it as is. I didn’t peel the apple.
- I used brown sugar, but you could surely use white sugar as well.
One Bowl Apple Almond Cake
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 apples (cut into tiny bite size cubes)
- few thin slices of apple (optional)
- ½ cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- salted caramel sauce (to drizzle on top)
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a loaf pan with butter or oil.
- Roughly chop half of the pecans and leave rest of them whole to place on top of the cake batter.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg, sugar and oil. Once it’s combined, add the all-purpose flour, almond flour, baking powder and baking soda. Give it a whisk to bring it together.
- Drop the apple cubes, chopped pecan and ground ginger. Mix it and pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Layer the thinly sliced apple on top along with the whole pecans.
- Place the pan on the middle rack and bake it for 55 to 60 minutes. Poke the center of the cake with a toothpick or a skewer and if comes out clean, it’s baked. If the top of the cake looks dark but the cake is still not baked, place an aluminum sheet loosely on top of the cake and continue baking.
- Once done, drizzle with salted caramel sauce and serve!