The Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings is one of my absolutely favorite flavor for wings. The combination of garlic and Parmesan is unbeatable! And when you add that to your guilt free air fried crispy chicken wings, it's a party in your mouth! You definitely need to try this, if you haven't already.
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
Chicken Wings are one of my absolute favorite things that I can eat any time, even when I am not hungry! I pretty much love it with all kinds of sauce as long as it’s not super spicy. However, my number one flavor choice is this Air fried or Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings.
It's so crispy, so flavorsome, and a must for trying if you enjoy the flavor of garlic.
How to make the Air Fried/Baked chicken wings?
Air frying Chicken Wings is so effortless and guilt free. And it turns perfectly crispy.
If you decide to bake the wings, then definitely make sure to layer the wings on a cookie wire rack instead of the cookie sheet. The wire rack will allow cooking the chicken wings evenly, without turning soggy in the bottom.
KEY STEP to follow for that perfect crispy texture - First, pat dry the chicken wings. Then add your dry spices, season with salt and make sure to coat it evenly with corn starch.
How to make the sauce for the Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
We both love the flavor of raw garlic and so, I didn’t mind it for the sauce. If you are not too fond of raw garlic, cook the minced garlic in butter for a while at low heat. Or use Garlic Confit. Roasted garlic adds a ton load of flavors.
I like to add a little of the roasted garlic from the garlic confit and a few fresh cloves of garlic.
For the best, flavor of Parmesan, I would highly recommend to use freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Please avoid using the boxed grated Parmesan cheese.
The SAUCE is prepared by mixing the garlic with room temperature butter and along with Parmesan cheese and other flavoring spices or herbs.
Don't melt the butter for the sauce
There was a time when I used to melt the butter with garlic Parmesan, flavoring spices and then toss the baked chicken wings in that sauce. I used to always feel that the buttery sauce would just slide off the wings instead of coating it all around.
With time, I learned that keeping the butter mixture at room temperature helps to coat the hot chicken wings all around.
Hence, had to update this old post with this new technique.
As you add the hot chicken wings to the room temperature butter mixture, it starts to melt just a little. The sauce coats all over the chicken wings evenly. It forms a good thick layer of garlic and Parmesan.
AIR FRIED or BAKED?
I used to always bake chicken wings by layering the wings on a cookie wire rack.
But then I started using Air Fryer! And I felt that even though my Air fryer cooks in small batches, it cooks much faster and gives that perfect crispy texture.
Garlic Parmesan Baked Chicken Wings
- 12 chicken wings
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 teaspoons Fleshy grated black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 5 roasted garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 fresh garlic cloves (grated)
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 stick (room temperature softened butter)
- Oil to brush or spray on the wings.
- Preheat the air frier to 400F
- In a bowl, add the pat dried chicken wings. To that add half of the paprika powder, half of the salt, corn starch and half of the freshly grated black pepper.
- Give a mix to coat the chicken wings all around.
- Spray or brush oil all around and cook in the preheated air fryer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Turn the wings once in between.
- While the chicken cooks, in a big mixing bowl add the softened butter (not melted) add the garlic (roasted and fresh), rest of paprika powder, rest of the grated black pepper, salt and Parmesan cheese.
- Mash everything to form a smooth paste like consistency.
- Once the chicken wings are done, drop the hot wings on the garlic Parmesan butter and toss it around.
- The butter will start to melt and coat the wings all around.
- Enjoy warm!