This easy strawberry tiramisu is a delightful no bake dessert that just melts in your mouth at every bite! Summer is all about berries, so give this dessert a try, and the best part is that you can make it way in advance.
I don't think I can ever get enough of tiramisu in my life. One of my absolute fav dessert that I have to order if it's in the menu. I am also a big fan of coffee flavored dessert, which makes the original flavor Tiramisu as my favorite.
And this one time I had tried tiramisu ice cream that just blew my mind and yes, I have to make Tiramisu Ice Cream at home too.
This strawberry tiramisu is an awsm take on tiramisu. The sweet summer strawberries make it extra delicious.
Ingredients for Strawberry Tiramisu
Fresh strawberries - Strawberry being the key ingredient, please use fresh good quality seasonal strawberries. You can definitely try with your choice of berries too.
Ladyfinger Cookies - Crisp, light, and airy, also known as sponge fingers, these finger-shaped are the key ingredient of tiramisu. You can find it in stores or get it online. Getting good quality ladyfingers will make the structure of the dessert nice.
Mascarpone Cheese - Mascarpone cheese is a creamy, slightly sweet buttery Italian cheese that looks very similar to cream cheese or clotted cheese. It is one of the key ingredient for any tiramisu recipe.
Heavy Cream - Whipped heavy cream when mixed with mascarpone cheese makes the texture of the tiramisu fluffy and airy.
Egg Yolk - You can discard the eggs if you don't eat eggs or don't want to use raw eggs. Egg yolk gives a rich taste to the tiramisu and that's why I always like to use it.
Sugar - I have always used white sugar, so the color stays white. You can use other variety of sweetener too.
Steps to prepare
1- Take some fresh strawberries and slice roughly. Avoid using frozen or canned fruits for this recipe.
2- Blend it with little salt and vanilla extract.
3- In a stand mixer or hand-mixer, whisk egg yolk with sugar until it looks smooth and slightly pale. Then add the mascarpone cheese and blend again until it smooth.
4 - Dip the lady finger biscuits in the blended strawberry and layer it in a deep rectangle or square dish.
5- Whisk the heavy whipping cream and then fold the mascarpone egg mixture to the whipped cream. Using a rubber spatula, fold it together to form a smooth, even consistency.
5- Layer the biscuits evenly and if needed slice a few to cover the edges.
6- Spread half of the mascarpone whipped cream mixture on top. Make sure to even out the top.
7- Make another layer of lady finger biscuits on top of the cream and spread the rest of the mascarpone whipped cream on top.
8 - Decorate with few sliced strawberries and leave it in the fridge to set for few hours.
You can make this dish way in advance and it one of the best dessert to prepare for summer parties too. You can store in the fridge for 5 days.
Although cream cheese is very close to mascarpone texture, it is still very different in taste as it is more tangy. If you absolutely cannot find mascarpone cheese, do give a try with cream cheese.
YES! You can discard the eggs and just make the mixture with mascarpone cheese, whipped cream and sugar.
I like the taste of fresh strawberries in this dessert, but you can thin out the jam with a little water and use that to soak the ladyfingers.
More berry recipes to try:
- 10 to 12 strawberries
- 14 ladyfingers
- 2 Eggs yolks
- ½ cup sugar
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup Heavy whipped cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Blend the strawberries with a little sugar and vanilla extract to form a purée.
- Using a stand mixer or hand whisk, whisk the yolks and sugar until thick and pale.
- Now add the mascarpone cheese to the bowl and whisk till the batter is smooth and well incorporated.
- Next, whip the heavy cream with a little sugar until it holds shape.
- Add the mascarpone cheese mixture to the whipped cream and using a rubber spatula, fold to incorporate everything into a smooth fluffy texture.
- Dip 4 ladyfingers in the strawberry paste for about 3 seconds and line them in a deep rectangular container. I layered half of the lady fingers. You might have to bread 1 ladyfinger into bits to fill the edges and corners if needed.
- Next, pour a layer of the mascarpone whipped cream mix above the ladyfingers and smoothen the top.
- Add another layer of ladyfingers after dipping them in the strawberry paste.
- Pour the rest of the mixture and smoothen the top. Slice some strawberries and add on top for decoration.
- Cover the container and keep it in the fridge for it to set. A minimum of 4 hours.
- Enjoy strawberry tiramisu cold. It's so light and airy!