Throwing some spring vibe with this Strawberry mousse. Super easy to make and needs just 4 key Ingredients. It’s EGG_FREE! It’s one of my favorite dessert to prepare and serve for any occasion.
Two strawberry recipes back to back, you can say how much I like this fruit. With the weather getting a little warm, I wanted something light and airy. What’s better than creamy mousse! A quick blend, quick cooking, gentle fold and a little bit of wait later, we had this luscious creamy Strawberry Mousse.
4 Key Ingredients for the Strawberry Mousse:
The strawberry mousse is a super simple and fuss free dessert that requires just 4 ingredients!
- Fresh Strawberries
- Heavy Cream
For extra flavor, I added some fresh thyme from my garden. I simmered the fresh thyme with strawberry puree for the perfumy floral aroma.
Steps to make the Strawberry Mousse:
Here are the quick steps to prepare strawberry mousse. Scroll down to read the recipe in details.
- Mix the gelatin powder with a little water and let it bloom. The gelatin granules will soak up the water and enlarge, and this step is called blooming.
- Blend the fresh strawberries and cook it for a while with sugar and fresh thyme (if using).
- Add the bloomed gelatin powder and cook for another 5 minutes for the gelatin to dissolve completely.
- Strain it for a smooth mousse texture.
- While the mixture cools, whip the heavy cream.
- Fold the whipped cream to the strained strawberry until completely incorporated.
- Pour in individual serving bowls. Let it set in the refrigerator for 4hrs or overnight.
Straining the Strawberry Purée:
This is important as it will result in a smooth texture of the strawberry mousse.
Can we make the strawberry mousse without gelatin?
YES! Not just strawberry mousse, any recipe that calls for gelatin can be substituted with agar agar. Another good substitute for this particular recipe is to add corn flour instead, which will thicken the strawberry purée when cooked. And then you fold it in whipped cream.
Can you make it with frozen strawberries?
Absolutely YES! Just blend and follow the same steps as mentioned above.
Different ways to serve the Strawberry mousse:
- Serve plain, as I did with whipped cream and fresh strawberries on top
- No-bake tart
- Cake with chocolate cake at the first layer
- Use pipping bags and serve as a fancy garnish with some fresh fruits and crumbs on the side.
Here are other strawberry recipes to try:
EASY Strawberry Lassi
SUMMERY Strawberry And Watermelon Spicy Gazpacho
HEALTHY Strawberry Chia Jam
- 1 lb fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoon gelatin powder
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- In a bowl, add the gelatin powder with some water. Mix it and leave it aside for 5 minutes for it to bloom. The gelatin granules will soak up the water and enlarge, and this step is called blooming.
- Keep few straweberries aside for garnish and blend the rest of strawberries and put it in a pan over medium high heat. Sprinkle the sugar and thyme leaves. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the bloomed gelatin to the pan and cook for 5 minutes to make sure the gelatin has completely dissolved.
- Strain it to a mixing bowl and keep aside for it cool down a little bit.
- Whip the heavy cream and then fold it in the strawberry mixture. Make sure to fold gently, so it incorporates properly without losing the fluffiness of the whipped cream.
- Pour it into 5 individual serving bowls and place in the refrigerator for 4 hrs or overnight.
Choc Chip Uru
This is a beautiful dessert - your recipes are all fantastic 🙂
Choc Chip Uru
Latest: Strawberry Hot Fudge Choc Cobbler
Oh my !! The pics are lovely and the dessert looks gorgeous , I have to make this one coz I LOVE strawberries .
Looks so refreshing & with the awesome pics feel like grabbing a glass from the screen.
Thanks for sharing.
Such a fab color! The photos are dream like Kankana..