This roasted garlic mushroom is an easy, no fuss delicious dish that pairs best with some rustic bread. It’s a toss-everything-together and forget about it for the next 20 minutes kind of a meal. If you like garlic and mushroom, you will absolutely love this and probably make it on repeat. All it needs is 5 Key ingredients!
We both love mushroom and always looking for different ways to use it in our meal. My most preferred way is to stir fry for breakfast or toss with pasta. And occasionally when I have some rustic bread at home, I like to make this roasted garlic mushroom.
With a dish such as this, you need a good bread to soak up all that juice. Try this No Knead Easy bread recipe!
5 key Ingredients:
- Mushroom (I used button mushroom) Arvind just loves button mushroom
- Garlic cloves
- Fresh herbs (thyme or rosemary) and finely chopped cilantro or parsley
If you like spicy food, you can add chili flakes too. Make it extra special pouring some white wine in it if you like.
Apart of these you need salt and pepper and definitely some good rustic bread.
How to make this Roasted Garlic Mushroom
- Clean the mushroom with a kitchen towel, do not wash it. If you have to wash it, then just scrub it gently with a wet kitchen towel. The mushroom will not brown nicely if it's wet.
- In an ovenproof dish, layer the whole mushroom, thinly sliced garlic cloves, butter knobs here and there, sliced lemon juice and fresh herbs (not the cilantro or the parsley). Salt and pepper.
- Roast it at 450F for 20 minutes, tossing it once after 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle fresh finely chopped cilantro/parsley leaves. Enjoy it warm.
The broth that gets created from roasting mushroom with butter and lemon is so flavorful that I always munch more bread in the process. It’s amazing how with such minimal effort and ingredients you can come up with robust taste.
You can definitely add a lot of other things to make it more filling. Also, you could just ditch the bread and toss it with quinoa, pasta, rice.
Instead of using just button mushroom, you could make it with different other variety of mushrooms of your choice. The roasting time might change based on the size of the mushrooms of you are using.
Roasted Garlic Mushroom
- 16 oz white button mushroom
- 5 garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- Few springs of fresh thyme
- 4 tablespoon butter (cut into small cubes)
- 2 tablespoon oil
- ½ of a lemon (thinly sliced)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- Finely chopped cilantro leaves
- Preheat the oven to 450F
- Layer an oven proof dish with mushroom, drizzle the oil, salt, pepper, and fresh thyme. Give a toss. Drop the butter cubes here and there. Also layer the lemon slices too.
- Bake for 10 minutes, take it out of the oven and toss once. Continue
baking for 10 more minutes.
- Once done, sprinkle finely chopped cilantro leaves, toss it around
and enjoy it warm.
Thank U very much for this wonderful recipe - just made it, didn't have any wine, just added a small dash of cidervinegar. Very nice serving.
Greetings from Denmark.
Sandra's Easy Cooking
I usually make creamy soup but this is so much better Kankana, and your photos are so good that making me want eat some right now..I am huge mushroom fan:)) I could eat them every day ahahaa
Thanks for sharing this recipe... the pics look great, and I made this last night.. it was awesome... my hubby is not a big fan of mushrooms, so for him, I followed the same process but with a mix of "cauliflowers and peas".. it worked... we loved both the dishes... so I thought I would let you know... thanks again for the recipe..
such a short time to prepare and mushroom with garlic this is for me...looks amazing!!
10 minute prep? YES please! 😀
Oh, it's so pretty...and I could devour this with some nice toast or bread slices like you've got. Yum 😀
This is easy to do! I am into super-easy cooking for summer. 🙂
Seems that there is quite some gravy for this dish. Is that derived from olive oil or lemon juice or both? ;p
Thanks 🙂 Yeah the gravy is all from the butter, oil,lemon juice and mushroom. No broth or water added at all 🙂
This one is a super easy one. Got to give it a try!! And really liked that single mushroom shot 🙂
Treat and Trick
Amazing dish and looks fabulous!
Loved the clicks kankana....so so amazing
Junia @ Mis Pensamientos
i grew up eating mushroom soup!!! this looks AMAZING and healthy!! 😀
One pot...quick...AND easy... Sounds like a winner to me! this looks so good!
great recipe and i hear ya esp my pregnant feet want a rest from the kitchen 🙂