Start your morning with a vibrant dessert for breakfast. This Granola Chia Pudding Tart is perfect individual portion with a lovely crunch from the crust and creamy luscious pudding filling. It’s guiltfree for sure and a lovely treat with gorgeous raspberries on top.
Granola Chia Pudding Tart
The tart crust has old fashion oats with almond, oil and some maple syrup. It’s basically your granola just pressed in a tart shell and baked until crispy. The chia pudding is creamy coconut milk based. Added some gelatin which you can switch with agar agar just so it holds the shape when sliced in half.
Ingredients for the Granola Tart
- Rolled Oats
- Ground Almond (You can use any other variety of nuts if you like)
- Oil (I used vegetable oil; you can even use butter instead)
- Maple Syrup or Honey
- Cinnamon powder
Ingredients for the Chia Pudding Tart Filling:
- Chia Seeds
- Coconut milk
- Gelatin or agar agar
What is a GOOD RATIO for Chia Pudding?
For a perfectly thick chia pudding consistency you would need 3 tablespoons chia pudding to 1 cup milk.
I personally don’t always like it too thick and so change it up based on how I want it. For this particular recipe, I kept the consistency thin, a bit runny too.
You could simultaneously just make the granola on a cookie sheet and prepare the pudding without the gelatin. Then layer these two in a bowl. Delicious with some honey drizzled on top.
Steps to prepare the Granola Chia Pudding Tart:
- Prepare the chia pudding the night before by mixing half of the coconut milk with chia seeds and sugar. Save the rest of the coconut milk to whisk with the gelatin powder.
- Next day prepare the granola mixture and press it on the tart pan. You can use any oven proof pan too. Do keep in mind to use a pan with a removable bottom, as it will be easy to take out the tart shell.
- Bake the tart in the oven for about 20 minutes. The time will depend a lot on the size of your pan. I used these mini tart pans
- In the meantime, bloom the gelatin powder in water. By that I mean, just whisk gelatin powder with little water and leave it aside for 3 minutes. It will form a thick gello-like texture. Mix it with the remaining coconut milk and warm it for a while. Keep whisking as you warm the milk to dissolve the gelatin completely. Then mix this with the chia pudding that was set overnight.
- Once the tart shells were done, I had to press it a little while it’s still warm as it did puff a little. Pour the chia pudding to the shells and keep it in the fridge for couple hours for the pudding to set completely.
The Granola Chia Pudding Tart doesn’t stay good for many days. It will get soggy in couple days. So the best would be to enjoy it fresh.
MORE BREAKFAST IDEA
Granola Chia Pudding Tart
for granola tart
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup ground almond or finely chopped nuts of your choice
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon honey/ maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
for the chia pudding
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon gelatin powder
- For the chia pudding, mix in a bowl ½ the can of the coconut milk with the chia seeds and sugar. Give a mix and keep the bowl in the fridge overnight for it to get creamy.
- Next day to prepare the tart, preheat the oven to 325 F
- In a bowl mix everything for the granola and then press it in three small tart shells. Then bake it for 17 minutes.
- Once you take it out of the oven, it will look little puffed. Press the shells gently while it’s still warm.
- Keep it aside to cool down a little bit.
- In a small bowl pour the gelatin with little water and give a mix. Keep it aside for 5 minutes. Place a small saucepan in medium heat with the remaining coconut milk. Warm the milk little bit, do not boil. Drop the gelatin after letting it set for 5 minutes. Then whisk to dissolve it completely.
- Drop the chai pudding that was set overnight to this pan and whisk to mix it all together.
- Divide in the 4 shells. You will have little extra that you can pour in individual bowls or glasses.
- Keep in the fridge for couple hours to set.
- Enjoy it with some fresh fruits and chopped nuts scattered on top.