Chia Coconut Mango Pudding is a creamy chia pudding. It's smooth and refreshing sweet at every bite, with mild crunch from melon seeds. You can make this chia pudding with any variety of seasonal fruits you like. But I have to say that, mangoes make it extra tasty.
How to make perfect chia mango pudding?
- All you need is milk (any variety you like), chia seeds, a bit of sugar or honey and fresh mangoes.
- You can choose any variety of chia seeds you like.
- You do need some sweetener, either sugar or honey.
For this chia mango pudding, I used coconut milk with brown sugar and mixed chia seeds along with cardamom powder for little flavor. Once mixed, just let it set overnight in the refrigerator. While serving, layer it with mango purée, fresh mango bites and melon seeds or coconut flakes.
Enjoy it right away!
HERE IS THE VIDEO
Can you make the Chia Mango Pudding in advance?
Absolutely YES! I would add the mangoes just before serving.
Once you have enjoyed the mangoes in India, especially during peak summer season, it gets very difficult to enjoy the varieties that you get here in the US.
A few years back, my friend Radhika told me about these Mexican Ataulfo mangoes that could satisfy my mango cravings, and it totally did. These mangos are so sweet and perfect for the chia mango pudding.
We buy a box at our every Costco visit and just patiently wait for the mango skin to turn deep orange and ripe perfectly.
On most days, I just slice these mangoes and relish it as desert after dinner or top it on our warm oatmeal. But, this time I decide it to layer it with chia pudding.
I prepared the chia pudding with coconut milk, which makes the pudding naturally sweet and so creamy. As for the mango, I puréed one with cardamom powder for the hint of warm aroma and added some bite size pieces on top for the extra mouthful of that sweet mango taste.
A breakfast such as this is such a great start to the day. It’s a healthy super food, it’s easy to make, and it’s a treat to your eyes too.
It doesn’t really call for a recipe, but here it is, a simple healthy breakfast that will brighten your morning!
Here are a few other chia recipes:
Chia Coconut Mango Pudding
- 1 can (13.5 oz./400 ml coconut milk)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 Mexican Ataulfo mangoes
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon melon seeds to add on top (optional)
- Whisk the coconut milk, sugar and chia seeds in a mixing bowl. Cover the bowl and leave it aside overnight.
- Before serving the breakfast next day, purée one mango with cardamom powder. Chop the pulp of the second mango into tiny bites pieces.
- Layer the chia pudding and mango purée in individual glasses or bowls. Top it with mango bites and melon seeds. Enjoy!