Fudgy, nutty and chocolaty, this Cocoa Chia Nut Energy Balls are a perfect power bite when hunger pang strikes at odd hours. These energy balls take barely any time to put together. Just a quick blitz in the blender, rolled into balls and ready to eat!
It’s been a very long time since I stopped stocking junk food, especially chips. So, when the hunger suddenly hits at odd hours, I pretty much just rely on green tea, fruits or a toast. However, somedays you want that hint of sweet, preferably a bite of chocolate.
Now if you know me, you will know that I don’t like chocolate. Weird, I know! But I love chocolaty treats and these guilt free energy balls surely come in super handy. Most importantly, because of all the goodness that goes in, it also keeps your tummy full.
What ingredients are added in this Chia Nut Energy Balls?
- Smooth Peanut Butter
- Chia Seeds
- Cocoa Powder
- Seedless Medjool dates
How to prepare the Chia Nut Energy Balls?
It's a quick blend of all the ingredients until it's incorporated. Then you make tiny balls and roll it in some chia seeds for extra crunch.
How to store the Energy Balls?
It should be stored in an airtight jar. I keep it in the pantry during winter days and in the refrigerator during peak summer time.
The best thing about these energy balls is that it requires no baking and it need only the everyday pantry ingredients. You can use any variety of nut butter and nuts that you like. The medjool date helps it bind it all together and the cocoa powder is just to satisfy your chocolate craving. I added some chia seeds in mixture and then rolled the dumplings in chia seeds for the extra crunch that I absolutely love. You could also use sesame seeds instead of chia seeds.
Super quick, easy, nutritious, these Cocoa Chia Nut Energy Balls are just perfect for a quick on-the-go breakfast or snack. It also makes a great edible gift!
Here is a link to another quick energy bite :
Cocoa Chia Nut Energy Balls
- ⅓ cup almonds
- 1 cup medjool date (pitted)
- ¾ cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (plus more chia seeds to roll the energy balls)
- pinch of salt
- Add the almonds to Vitamix (you could use any food processor) and run the blender for a few seconds to grind it roughly. Then, add the date and blend it for a few seconds. Add rest of the ingredients and blend to bring it together.
- Use a cookie scooper or a spoon to shape 1-tablespoon portions into a ball. Roll the ball into chia seeds and it’s ready!
- Store the energy balls in a clean airtight jar in the refrigerator.