This Ravioli in Cherry Tomatoes and Garlic Sauce gets ready in less than 15 minutes, which makes it a super quick weeknight meal. The sauce comes together very effortlessly and goes well with any variety of pasta.
Ravioli in Cherry Tomatoes
I always store frozen raviolis for busy days. Quick toss with a sauce of your choice and the meal is ready. This dish happened randomly on a day when I had to finish some cherry tomatoes.
While I was preparing the dish, I made a quick video and shared it in my very new TikTok account. To my biggest surprise, it went viral and gave me 4.4 M views in just few days. Many tried and loved the dish.
I always skip adding these easy meals in my blog, mainly because I make these often just before dinner time. But after receiving so many lovelies feedbacks, I figured that it needs to be recorded in my blog too.
Can you make this dish with regular big tomatoes ?
YES! Using cherry tomatoes just makes the cooking process quite fuss free as there is no chopping required. You can also choose to use canned tomato purée. If you however use tomato purée, then do add little sugar to cut down the acidity of the canned tomatoes.
Ingredients required to prepare this dish
Fresh Garlic - I use a lot of garlic in this dish, but you can tone it down if you are not a big fan.
Cherry Tomatoes - You don't have to restrict to the amount I mentioned. You can use more too if you like.
Butter - I like to cook the garlic and tomatoes in butter instead of oil, as it gives a richer taste to the dish.
Chicken Bullion powder - The chicken bullion powder has a lot of flavor and helps to enhance the taste without extra effort at all. Simultaneously, you can also use a bit of chicken stock instead of the powder.
Heavy Cream - Heavy cream is added after the tomatoes are softened. It creates the creamy tomato and garlic sauce.
Parmesan cheese - Once the ravioli is added and tossed together, finish it by adding a handful of grated Parmesan cheese.
I would have loved to end theRavioli in Cherry Tomatoes with some fresh basil or parsley, but I had none at home. But even without that it was a tasty meal loved by my family.
The Cherry Tomato and Garlic Sauce can be prepared in advance and used with other pasta dish. It also makes a great sauce to enjoy with rustic bread.
Ravioli in Cherry Tomatoes and Garlic Sauce
- 2 tbs butter
- 6 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chicken bullion powder
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 13 oz frozen ravioli
- In a heavy bottom skillet, add the butter and once it starts to melt, add the chopped garlic and let it sizzle for about 1 minutes.
- Scatter the cherry tomatoes, toss it around and cover the pan. Let the cherry tomatoes simmer and soften down. It will take about 5 minutes.
- Then add the chicken bullion powder and give it a mix.
- Pour the heavy cream and toss it around to make the sauce.
- Boil the Ravioli as per the time mentioned in the packets.
- Add the boiled paste to the sauce and finish it with a handful of Parmesan cheese.
- Server right away and enjoy warm.