I clearly remember when I started eating Pasta, it was not that long ago, I guess 4 years !! So, it was one such evening when I had called Arvind for dinner; he was my BF then, and wanted to make something special and different ( you know the common saying ' the way to Man's heart is through his stomach' ) I think I wanted to implement that 😉 That's when I had made my first Pasta attempt , searched all over the net for something that looked simple and easy. If you know me, you will also know that I cannot follow recipe point by point. So after doing research for an hour or so , I decided to make something very simple with just onions and cilantro and lots of cheese .. dipped in cheese, and it worked .. he loves cheese ( I did my homework 😉 ) .
Since then I never stopped my Pasta experiments and I became quite famous for my pasta dishes .. just among my friends ! I tried it with vegetables , I tried it in Indian style , spicy , tangy .. and I enjoyed all the type. Although I have to say that I have restricted my dishes to mainly using Penne / Rigatoni/ Fussili and today I learned that there are 600 different shape of Pasta .. wow !! Long Long way to go ..
This dish is a simple Penne Pasta with cherry tomatoes which is going for the event Presto Pasta Night# 197, conducted by the guest host Girlichef,event by Ruth.
I like with some garlic bread or some red wine.
Penne Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 cups Penne pasta
- about 10 to 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup cheese (I used Pepper Jack Cheese)
- salt and pepper
- oil (I used olive oil)
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half
- In a baking pan combine the tomatoes, spinach and bread crumbs with some salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with oil and let it bake for 18 to 20 mins at 350 F
- In the mean time you boil the pasta with some salt and little oil. (It's very important to season the pasta when you boiling it. You add oil to avoid them from sticking to one another)
- Once the pasta is cooked , take it out of water and pour in a big bowl.
- Once the baking is done, mix it with the boiled pasta in bowl.
- Add the cheese and toss it properly.
- Taste for salt and add some pepper at the end.