Does it happen with you that you wake up hungry ?? It's like you were dreaming of food and then you wake up with a voice which comes straight from your tummy asking for something yummy! Guess what .. it happens with me a lot and most of the time I know what I want to eat , but today was different.. I was craving for something yummy but I didn't know what .. and I was really hungry which means I didn't want to spend too much time preparing the dish.
Me: I am hungry !!
Hubby : Ok let's eat
Me : But I don't know what I want to eat .. please think .. think ..
Hubby : Eh ! I have to think about what you want to eat. Was that a part of our marriage vows too ?? !!
Hubby: Ok, lets eat mac and cheese sandwich .
Me: What ? that sounds weird! You are so funny ... LOL !
He gave me this dirty look and increased the volume of the TV and asked me to 'watch' . It was Food Network channel and Guy was in this Diner where they were making some kind of sandwich with macaroni and cheese with onions and lettuce as the filling. Ooohhh !! so that's how he got the idea. It was looking yummmy .. cheesy .. perfect! Worth giving a shot.
I am sharing this dish with Hearth and Soul Hop - Vol 32!
I am also sharing this dish with Recipes I Can't Wait to Try! #14, What's Cooking Wednesday , Tuesday At the Table and Celebrating Sandwich
Mac & Cheese Sandwich
- 3 cups elbow pasta
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tbs all purpose flour
- 1 tbs ground pepper
- 1 cup cheese (I used Parmesan)
- 10 piece bread (I used plain white bread)
Mac & Cheese
- Boil the pasta with enough water and season it well with salt
- In a hot pan add 2 spoon butter, pepper and flour and mix it well
- Add the milk and keep stirring until it becomes little thick and then switch off the heat.
- Now add the boiled pasta, cheese and mix it properly with the sauce.
- Butter your bread on both the sides, fill a generous portion of mac and cheese and grill it (I used Cuisinart Sandwich maker)
- Eat it piping hot !!
Me : Mmmm yummy 😛
Hubby : Not so funny after all huh 😉