I have never been a big Ice Cream fan, but both my boys are! With the weather getting warmer, I will be sharing more ice cream recipes. I am starting something very basic – Easy Vanilla Ice Cream with just 4 Ingredients. I will share how to prepare this with the ice cream machine and also without a machine. This is a super easy ice cream recipe and if you are someone who never made Ice Cream before, let this be the start. You will love the creamy, delicate, not so overly sweet Vanilla Ice Cream.
With so many flavored Ice Creams in the market, this particular one can sound old fashioned, but it is also the variety that we all have tried, at least once.
When you say Easy Vanilla Ice Cream, you definitely want the vanilla flavor to shout out. So, make sure you have the best brand, either essence or vanilla beans. I used vanilla beans, as you can clearly see in the pictures. Using vanilla beans will definitely give the best flavor as compared to essence.
How to make this Vanilla Ice Cream?
This old-fashioned Ice Cream is extremely easy to make with a few minimal ingredients!
- Just scrape the beans from the vanilla bean pod and add it to the milk and sugar in a pan. Add the empty pod too. Simmer at medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. It shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes.
- Whisk the egg yolk separately in a mixing bowl and then, pour half of the warm milk while you keep whisking the egg yolk. This will make sure that the egg yolk doesn’t scramble. Then, pour the mixture back into the pan and whisk it at medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Strain the mixture and let it cool completely before you churn it in an ice cream machine.
Can you make this without an Ice Cream Machine?
Using an Ice Cream Machine just makes the process faster. The warm custard takes about 2 hours to cool down in the refrigerator. Then, the machine churns it for 20 minutes to make it creamy cold.
If you don’t have an Ice Cream machine, pour the custard in a mixing bowl and place the mixing bowl in the freezer. Take it out every 2 hours and whisk to mix it around. Using a stand mixer or an electric whisker will make the task easy. You have to do this a few times until the ice cream consistency looks creamy and it is set.
Whether you drizzle some chocolate sauce or not, this simple vanilla ice cream is a easy perfect way to cool down on warm days.
Here is a link to 10 AMAZING Ice Cream flavors that you can try this Summer!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean pod
- 3 egg yolks
- Whisk the egg yolks in a mixing bowl.
- Slit the vanilla pod in half and scrape the beans off into a pan along with the cream and sugar. Drop the pod in the pan too.
- Place the pan at medium heat. Keep stirring until it’s warm and the sugar is dissolved. Take the pan off the heat once done.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the warm cream to the egg yolk and whisk as your pour. Once it’s mixed, pour it back into the warm cream.
- Place the pan back at medium heat and simmer for 3 minutes, while whisking constantly.
- Strain the mixture and let it cool completely in the refrigerator before you churn it using the ice cream machine.
- If you are not using ice cream machine, pour the custard in a mixing bowl and put it in the freezer. Take it out after every 2 hours and whisk. If you are using a stand mixer or an electric whisker, it will make the task easy. You have to repeat the process few times until the consistency looks creamy and it is set.