Creamy in the center and crusty edges, topped with fresh fruits or chocolate chips, if you want to indulge, this Custard Yogurt Toast has been trending for a few months now. I finally gave it a try and am pretty sure it will be our regular weekend breakfast for a while.
Custard Yogurt Toast
This Custard Yogurt Toast has been trending in TikTok for a few months now, and after my first bite, I realized why it had become a favorite breakfast toast.
It takes 10 minutes to prepare the toast.
I make it in Air Fryer, but it can be done in oven too.
And it doesn’t taste egg-y at all, as I know some may wonder about that!
The Custard Yogurt Toast is not super sweet, but it is mildly sweet from the addition of maple syrup. It’s a sweet but a healthy start to a day.
It will make a great after school snack too!
Ingredients to make Custard Yogurt Toast
Bread : You can use regular sandwich bread of your choice or any variety of artisan bread you like. If you want to make it an indulging weekend brunch or breakfast, do try this toast with Brioche Bread or Hawaiian bread.
Egg : It’s the key ingredient to make the custard texture. I have seen a few recipes where I believe you can use a bit of corn flour instead of egg. I however didn’t try that. Will update this section if I try the eggless version.
Yogurt: Thick Greek yogurt is a must for the creamy texture. You mix yogurt with egg to make the custard. You can use flavored yogurt too for extra sweetness and flavor. I used plain yogurt.
Maple syrup: You add a spoonful that balances well with the yogurt. You can use honey too or sugar if you don’t have either maple syrup or honey.
Choice of Toppings
The most common choice is assorted berries, like I used here.
Chocolate chips will work great too.
Try other stone fruits, like nectarine or mangoes.
I haven’t tried a savory topping for the toast, but I am tempted and will probably soon.
How to make the Custard Yogurt Toast (Air Fryer & Oven)
- Press the center of the read. Don’t discard the sides.
- If the bread is not soft enough, then pinch off some bread crumbs from the center.
- Crack the egg in a bowl, add the yogurt and maple syrup. Whisk properly so there are no egg clumps.
- Preheat Air Fryer or Oven to 350 F
- Spoon the custard on the bread and top it with fruits or chocolates.
- Air fry it for 9 minutes. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Do keep in mind that depending on the size and thickness of your bread, air frying time or the baking time will increase.
- Once done, the custard should be set on top.
- Drizzle more maple syrup or sugar dusting and enjoy the crunchy edges and soft creamy center of the toast.
Here are few other Breakfast Options to try
The Custard Yogurt Toast is not only tasty, but also so easy to prepare. If you haven’t tried it yet, definitely go for it and I am sure you will enjoy it just like many others.
- 4 slices of bread
- 1/4 cup thick Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- assorted berries or chocolate chips for toppings
- Preheat the Air Fryer or Oven to 350 F
- Press the center of the bread. If the bread feel dry, then pinch off little crumbs from the center.
- In a bowl, mix the egg with yogurt and maple syrup. Whisk nicely so there are no egg clumps.
- Spoon the mixture in the center of the bread. Add the toppings.
- Air Fry for 9 minutes or bake in the Oven for 12 minutes.
- Drizzle a bit more maple syrup on top and enjoy!
For the best taste and texture, use soft bread like Brioche Bread or Hawaiian bread
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 377Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 94mgSodium 354mgCarbohydrates 60gFiber 6gSugar 26gProtein 13g
All nutrition information presented are intended for informational purposes only. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.