As some of you might know from my Insta-stories, I am on a vacation right now! We are on a much-needed fun and relaxing break. We don’t have any major plans except for eating a ton of food, relaxing and strolling around the streets! So, during this time, I will have some of my amazing friends sharing their recipes with you. I am starting it with this delicious Creamy Butter Garlic Shrimp Pasta by Richa from My Food Story. We can never have enough pasta and I am always looking for easy pasta recipes that can be whipped up quickly on busy days. Richa needs no introduction. She is such a talented person and I adore her style of cooking. Her blog is filled with beautiful, easy and fuss free recipes! Thank you Richa for sharing this lovely meal.
Hey there! This is Richa from My Food Story and I’m so excited to write a guest post for Kankana today who is one of my favorite bloggers out there. Aren’t her pictures absolutely stunning?
Today I’m bringing you a delicious creamy butter garlic shrimp pasta which is the perfect date night dinner recipe. It’s incredibly easy to make which means that you get to spend more time cozying up on the couch than you do making this meal.
I live in a small beach town called Auroville with my husband which means we always have access to good quality seafood. And we love shrimp or prawns because they are so fast to make. Moving to Auroville means many more cozy date nights for us. We usually cook a fast meal like this creamy butter garlic shrimp pasta, pour ourselves a glass of wine and take our food outside. Set up a small table and share a meal while looking at the stars. Idyllic isn’t it?
This shrimp pasta recipe comes together really fast in a creamy luscious sauce that will have you wiping the pan clean. It’s rich and satisfying and your better half will always ask for seconds. Which is what we all want right?
THE BUTTER GARLIC SAUCE
The butter garlic sauce is a combination of five simple ingredients – butter, garlic, cream, parmesan and pasta water. Yes, pasta water is that one secret ingredient that takes your pasta from creamy to luscious in seconds. The next time you make pasta don’t throw away the water – reserve some to thicken the sauce. You’ll be surprised at the difference it can make.
I love using long strand pasta like tagliatelle, spaghetti or fettuccini for this recipe because every bite is a slurpy delicious mix of sauce and pasta. And who else is with me on getting excited about twirling their pasta around a fork?
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do. Its quick, easy and absolutely delicious!
Creamy Butter Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- 200 g/7oz medium sized Shrimp
- 250 g/9oz dried Tagliatelle pasta (or any other long strand pasta)
- 2 tablespoons Butter (divided)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil (divided)
- 5 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- Zest and juice of 1 Lemon
- ¾ cup Cream
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Parsley
- Grated Parmesan (for topping)
- Cook the pasta in salted water according to package instructions till al dente. Reserve ½ cup pasta water. Wash with cold water to avoid the pasta from sticking together and set aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil and butter in a pan and add the shrimp. Sprinkle salt and pepper and cook the shrimp for 3-4 minutes till almost cooked through. Transfer the shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining butter and olive oil and add the garlic. Cook the garlic on low heat for a minute till fragrant and pour in the reserved pasta water. Simmer the water till reduced by half and add the lemon zest and juice.
- Pour in the cream and parmesan and simmer for 2 minutes to let the sauce thicken slightly. Toss in the shrimp and cooked pasta and mix well. Season with more salt according to taste. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately topped with parmesan.