Since morning, I have been cooking for a get together. Our home is filled with a wonderful aroma and I am absolutely loving it. We are having some friends over for lunch and I wanted to make sure everything is perfect. My friends tell me that at times, I turn into 'Monica' of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. although I would prefer to be Rachel 😉
Now, you got have to have some salad as part of the meal. I didn't gave much thought to it earlier or else, I wouldn't have forgotten to get some carrots and lettuce. So, here comes my most simple zucchini and tomato salad tossed in a simple dressing!
I'm linking this up with the Hearth 'n' Soul Blog Hop.
Zucchini and Tomato Salad
Quick and easy healthy salad with just zucchini and tomato. It's amazing with grilled meat!
- 2 medium size zucchini sliced thinly in circular shape
- 2 medium size tomatoes sliced thinly in circular shape
- 1 cup grated onion
- 2 spoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 spoon lemon juice
- 1 spoon lemon zest
- ½ spoon white vinegar
- 1 spoon freshly ground pepper
- salt to taste
- In a bowl combine the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, vinegar, pepper and salt.
- Mix it properly
- In a salad bowl combine the zucchini, tomatoes and onion.
- Pour the salad dressing on top and toss it properly.
- Key point to remember here is , you should make the salad at least 15 minutes before you serve so that the dressing is absorbed properly, but at the same time it shouldn't be too early or else it will be become soggy and too soft.
Serving: 1ServingsCalories: 113kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 3gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gSodium: 154mgFiber: 3gSugar: 6g
Perfectly simply and delicious! Sounds so tasty, thank you for sharing it with the hearth and soul hop this week, Kankana! 😀
You did a great job and thanks for linking up this week! The only thing I would have you change is to click on the specific post for the Hearth and Soul hop and not just the blog.
I looove your salad and thanks for sharing with the Hearth and Soul hop!