This mildly sweet, perfumy rose and cardamom syrup is the perfect way to add a splash of floral sweetness to your drinks and desserts. The syrup is easy to make. It has countless uses and I am sharing three easy effortless ways to use it.
The store-bought rose syrup mostly has an overpowering flavor and I am not the one who can take those strong aromas. While making the syrup at home, I can take completely control. I can create it the way I like it, mild and not overly sweet. I have used dried rose petals only because I had a packet lying around to be used. But, the next batch will definitely be with the fresh ones from the garden.
Rose Cardamom Syrup And Three Easy Ways To Use It
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup dried rose petals
- ¼ cup green cardamoms
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Pour water and sugar in a heavy bottom pan. Lightly pound the petals and cardamoms before adding it to the pan. Bring it to a boil and then, bring down the heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add the lemon juice, give it a stir and switch off the gas.
- Strain the syrup through a fine sieve layered with muslin cloth. Let it cool completely and then, store it in a glass jar. You could keep it in the refrigerator for a month.
These are such a perfect summer treats! I hope you give it a try and if you do then don't forget to tag me in Instagram @playfulcooking.
Rose Cardamom Lassi
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 cup rose cardamom syrup
- Blend the yogurt and syrup together to form a smooth lassi.
- Pour the whole thing in a pitcher and let it refrigerate for an hour.
- Serve cold!
Rose Cardamom Syrup with Yogurt Chia
- 2 cups thick yogurt
- 3 tablespoons rose cardamom syrup
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- slivered almonds
- Mix the syrup, yogurt and chia seeds.
- Pour it in small containers and leave it in the fridge overnight.
Rose Cardamom Lemon Water
- 1 pitcher of water
- ½ cup rose cardamom syrup
- lemon wedges
- ice cubes
- Mix the syrup with water and drop the lemon wedges.
- Leave it aside for 15 minutes so that the lemon wedges can add a subtle lemon flavor.
- Add some ice cubes and enjoy!