Crunchy bread filled with cheamy pasta, these Mac and Cheese Bread Bites are delicious and addictive! You cannot stop at one. With a glass of fizzy drink, Maille Dijon Originale dip on the side, and some salad, these Mac and Cheese Bread Bites is a great appetizer. Most importantly adult love these just as much as kids!
Mac and Cheese Bread Bites
It’s definitely a carb loaded dish and not meant for days you are on diet. These bread bites are however a great way to use leftover mac and cheese.
I always have left over mac and cheese when I prepare some for my kid. The next day, it gets rolled in bread and served at dinner or snack.
These Mac and Cheese Bread Bites are very similar to Indian Bread rolls. The only difference is that, instead of filling the bread with a spiced mashed potato, it is filled with creamy pasta.
Mustard Dipping Sauce
This post is done in collaboration with Maille Dijon Originale. It is one of my fav mustard and you must have seen me using it in various different ways in the past.
Today I used it straight from the bottle as a dipping sauce. Maille Dijon Originale and cheese go together like bread and butter, a perfect pair and everyone loves cheese!
Creamy Mac and Cheese with bread can feel a little too rich and the Maille Mustard dipping sauce works best to cut that richness in between. Cheese and mustard are paired effortlessly in various different ways. It works together perfectly to balance flavor and taste.
Can you use box mac and cheese?
The only thing you want to keep in mind is that you don’t want the cooked pasta to be too saucy or else filling it in the bread will be tough.
So, add more cheese if needed but make sure the sauce is not watery.
Another important point is to cool down the pasta completely before you use it for filling.
How to prepare Mac and Cheese Bread Bites?
You need sandwich bread and left-over mac and cheese or any other variety of pasta.
Make a paste of flour and water which will work as a glue to seal the edges.
Now cut the sides off the bread and roll it thin.
You could either keep the entire bread or slice it in half. Slicing in half will make perfect appetizer size portion.
Rub little bit of the flour and water mixer on the edges. Fill the cooked pasta and add some grated cheese. Fold and seal tight.
Now if you want to indulge, go ahead and shallow fry these in a skillet. Or choose a healthier option by baking it or use an air frier.
The Mac and Cheese Bread cites will tastes best when served immediately piping hot!
Reheating the bread bites:
Do not microwave as that will make these soggy. Instead turn on the oven to 350 F and place these on a wire rack. And bake it for 3 minutes.
You can serve these as an appetizer, or pair it with some soup on the side. The crunchy bread with the creamy pasta tastes amazing especially when paired with Maille Mustard.
Mac and Cheese Bread Bites
- 1 cup cooked left over Mac and Cheese
- 5 Sandwich bread slices
- ¼ th cup Grated mozzarella cheese
- Maille Dijon Originale (I used dijon mustard)
- Oil to fry the bread bites (you can bake too)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup water
- Trim the sides off the bread slices and then using a rolling pin, gently roll it to thin it out a little. Then slice the rolled bread in half.
- Make a slurry by mixing the flour with water. This will be used as a glue to seal the edges.
- Rub little bit of that flour and water paste on the edges of the bread slice. Place little bit of the cheese and little bit of the mac and cheese. Then gently fold it and seal the edges.
- Fill rest of the bread slices the same way.
- For baking the bread bites, preheat the oven to 400 F
- Layer the bread bites on the cookie sheet and bake for 15
- For frying, just heat enough oil in a heavy bottom pan and
the fry the bread bites in medium high heat until golden brown.
- Enjoy the bread bites warm with Maille Dijon Originale