My favorite season is finally here with longer daylight, beautiful sunshine and pretty flowers! Now, all I ask from the weatherman is not to predict anymore frequent showers, storm or anything that takes away the Spring.
Last week was pretty dull and boring with non-stop rain and cold winds, but what kept me excited was seeing Arvind finalizing the new design for blog. In between all the crazy workload, my sweetheart somehow managed to find time for planning, writing, fixing bugs and creating this new look. I feel SO proud and yes, I know 🙂 I am one lucky girl!
This lucky girl decided to make some thing special for her boy, who has a sweet tooth and can never get tired of eating dessert. Just one treat was not enough to celebrate the new look of the blog and so I made two.. one with lots of lemon in it and the other with lots of carrot in it.
The idea of carrot pistachio truffles is not very different from the gajar halwa that I had made earlier. This time around, I decided to add some roasted ground pistachio at the near end of the cooking process. It absorbed some of the moisture and also added a crunchy bite.
Lemon shortbread bar is adapted from this link. It was in my wish list for a while and what better time to make it than now! I decided to add some slivered almonds for a crispy bite in between.
Both the treats came out flavorful and delicious!
Carrot Pistachio Truffles
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1 tablespoon ghee/butter
- ½ can sweetened condensed milk
- seeds of 4 cardamoms (roughly crushed (or ½ teaspoon cardamom powder))
- ½ cup roasted and finely crushed pistachio (plus some more for garnish)
- powdered sugar for dusting
- In a saucepan, heat ghee/butter and cook grated carrot in medium heat for about 5 mins.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk in the pan along with the crushed cardamom and mix them properly.
- Bring down the heat to medium-low and let it cook for 10 mins. Keep stirring in between to avoid it from sticking to the bottom of the pan or getting burnt.
- Once the milk is absorbed, add crushed pistachio and mix.
- Pour the carrot pudding in a bowl and let it cool. Cover it with a plastic wrap and let it rest overnight in the refrigerator.
- Next day, use a melon baller or a spoon to scoop round balls of the carrot pudding and place it on a plate. Let it refrigerate another for 15 minutes.
- Dust some powdered sugar on top of the balls and start shaping it to a round ball. Rub some powdered sugar on your hand to avoid it from sticking to your hand.
- Dust some more powdered sugar on top, sprinkle finely crushed pistachio and serve it.
Wow, this looks wonderful!
Amazing new look ! your hubby is a genius, and Im sure you contributed creatively. Love the detail with the mini butterflies at the end of each post. Must say your blog has one of the highest standards I have seen.
I was just going to comment on your new look... I absolutely, freaking LOVE it! It's cheerful, bright, happy. I'm a huge fan of anything shortbread so I'm bookmarking the lemon bars for sure. Don't you love shooting at 1.4? 🙂
Congratulations on the new look, I love it. It is so refreshing
I can't even decide which one I like better, carrots and lemons are two of my favorite ingredients and I can't wait to try them both
Love...love your new makeover and congrats..its written spring all over it..very refreshing..sp ur header. u guys did an amazing job...and loved both the recipes..sp the lemon shortbread..
love the idea of these truffles - perfect for passover!
Kankana - I will once again echo what others have said - the makeover is fantastic. Your husband has surely done a great job! Both desserts are looking delicious too. Perfect to celebrate the arrival of spring.
Both desserts look fantastic! These are great treats for your hardworking husband!
i am loving loving loving the new blog look! it is killer- so fresh and fun yet professional. Your pics as always are simply stunning and I want some of these shortbread bars NOW
Deeps @ Naughty Curry
aw that is so sweet of ur husband, ur indeed one lucky gal 🙂 the shortbread looks mouth watering, have to try this one
Kankana, I love new blog design, it's awesome!! So light and colorful 🙂
I adore lemon bars, I can say I'm a huge fan od lemons 🙂 So vibrant and beautiful!
Great new look!!! Your shortbread bars and truffles look awesome! I'm going to have to make the truffles. They look irresistible! Congrats on the Top 9!