We all have those weekends when you want to make something that looks fancy and not so ordinary. You want to wow your family but at the same time, you feel just so lazy to stand by the stove for making something fancy. Well, on those days, you can make this Egg and Spinach Baked Avocados. It’s easy, quick and I think it looks mighty lavish!
Avocados are must in my pantry along with eggs. Every morning, I throw one avocado in our smoothie and then fry one egg to go along with our breakfast. When you mix both these super-foods together, it’s not only turns into a fun scoop-able breakfast but also healthy at the same time.
A perfect no carb, heart-healthy good fats meal.
You can go creative with the toppings and add some prosciutto, smoked salmon or bacon. You could also add greens like spinach or kale. Or maybe, just add herbs and spices! I had some spinach on hand and so added those. Then, I sprinkled some chili flakes for that subtle heat.
I definitely like to shave some Parmesan cheese on top while it’s still hot and just out of the oven. The saltiness of the cheese with the creamy avocado is a great palate pleaser.
Egg and Spinach Baked Avocado
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped spinach
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425F
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Place the avocado with flesh side up in a small baking dish. You could also use muffin tins to hold the avocado upright.
- Carefully crack an egg over a bowl so that the yolk remains whole in one of the open halves. Allow the egg white to drip off in the bowl. Place the yolk on one half of the avocado hole. Spoon just enough egg white over it so that it doesn’t drip off the avocados. Repeat the process with the second egg for the second half of the avocado.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper. Scatter chopped spinach and chili flakes evenly on the avocado.
- Place the baking dish on the middle rack of the pre-heated oven and bake for 18 minutes or until the eggs white is set but the yolk is still runny.
- Take it out of the oven, shave parmesan cheese on top and enjoy warm!
Meg | Meg is Well
That baked avocado look so decadent and beautiful! That is a breakfast of champions!
Thank you for sharing a lovely dish and awesome pictures.
Eggs and avocado are two of the most versatile foods I know and ike you, I love having them in my pantry. They're just a must. I've never baked my avocado though, so this recipe intrigues me.
thanks so much for sharing.
This looks like the most perfect breakfast imaginable! As always, your photos are making me really hungry :). This is one gorgeous dish, Kankana! Hope you have a great Monday!