Fudgy in the center, with the crispy top and beautiful cracks, this Easy Chocolate Brownie has rich chocolate flavor. We made it extra special by drizzling some caramel sauce on top and sprinkled sea salt. This salt sprinkled fudgy brownies is a keeper and you will enjoy every single bite!
EASY Chocolate Brownie
Every now and then we all love a good chocolate dessert. And with the Holiday Season in what better than Chocolate Brownie. This Brownie recipe is super easy to put together and comes out perfect every time.
Just remember to never overbake brownies. It can go from rich fudgy to dry!
Brownies can be prepared with oil and cocoa powder, but for the extra rich and fudgy texture, I prefer using butter with dark chocolate. I added a little amount of cocoa powder and coffee with flour, but it can be avoided completely.
What you need for this Easy Chocolate Brownie?
- Dark Chocolate, you can use chips or bar.
- Unsalted Butter
- Sugar – I used brown sugar, but you can definitely use white sugar too!
- All purpose flour
- Cocoa Flour
- Instant Coffee Powder– Just a little bit to give that rich taste. You can avoid it for sure.
- Baking powder
- Salted Caramel to drizzle on top – Here is a link to the recipe
Good quality Sea salt – I used Le Saunier de Camargue Fleur de Sel, which is a premium, high end finishing sea salt that comes from Aigues Mortes, a small medieval walled town in the South of France.
Steps to prepare the Brownie
Typically butter and chocolate is melted on a double boiler, but I chose the easy path to use microwave instead. It takes about 1and ½ minute to melt the chocolate and butter, but you have to take it out every 30 seconds to give it a quick mix. At the end give a mix to incorporate it.
Whisk egg with sugar and then add the melted butter and chocolate to it and combine
Sift all the dry ingredients and fold it.
Then pour it on a brownie pan layered with parchment paper and bake.
KEY NOTE: Do not overbake brownie or else it turns dry instead of fudgy.
Brownie tastes amazing on its own. It doesn’t need frosting or sugar dusting. But Holiday season are for indulgence, right? So, make some salted caramel and drizzle on top and then sprinkle some more of the sea salt for the perfect finishing.
Le Saunier de Camargue Fleur de Sel
This post is sponsored by Le Saunier de Camargue Fleur de Sel and I absolutely love their product. And the packaging is so neat that I could stop photographing it.
Le Saunier de Camargue Fleur de Sel is formed naturally on the surface of the water through the combined action of the sun and the wind and is harvested by hand by salt workers.
If you love chewy brownie rather than the cakey one, this recipe is for you. Brown Sugar, dark chocolate and butter does the trick and the flaky sea salt intensifies the flavor. Go give it a try!
Easy Chocolate Brownie with Salted Caramel
- 12 oz Dark Chocolate Chips (You can use bars too)
- ½ cup softened butter
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup sAll purpose flour
- 2 Tablepsoons Cocoa Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Instant Coffee Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- 2 teaspoon Le Saunier de Camargue Fleur de Sel (1 teaspoon for the batter and rest for sprinkling on top)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Spray 9 by 9 inch brownie pan with oil and layer parchment paper.
- In a microwavable bowl, add the butter and chocolate and microwave it for 30 seconds. Give a mix, and microwave for another 30 seconds, mix and repeat for another 30 seconds. Give a mix to combine it to a shiny melted chocolate.
- To a separate bowl, whisk egg with sugar and then to the bowl add the melted chocolate mixer.
- Next sift the flour, cocoa powder, instant coffee powder and baking powder to the egg and chocolate mixture.
- Then, instead of whisking, fold the dry ingredients.
- Add the sea salt and mix once again.
- Pour the batter to the prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not over bake or else it will lose its fudgy texture.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes then slice into bite size. For best neat slices, dip the knife in hot water and then wipe it clean before you slice. Do this at every few slices.
- Drizzle with salted caramel and drizzle extra sea salt ontop.
fudgy. Brownie tastes amazing on its own. It doesn’t need frosting or sugar dusting. But Holiday season are for indulgence, right? So, make some salted caramel and drizzle on top and then sprinkle some more of the sea salt for the perfect finishing.