The layers of texture, color and flavor make this Coconut Chia Granola Parfait not only tasty but also a lovely looking healthy breakfast. It is sure to brighten up your morning. I am not a morning person and so, a breakfast that doesn’t involve too much work or brainpower always makes me happy. The layering of this Coconut Chia Granola Parfait is easy and fun. Avyan helped me with the layering and he loved it. The little fella is still not into smoothie but he enjoyed the parfait a lot, especially the coconut chia pudding.
Coconut Chia Granola Parfait
There are three components in this Coconut Chia Granola Parfait. And you cannot make everything just before serving. You just need a little planning but absolutely no effort.
The three main components of this breakfast parfait
Chia seeds, as we all know, are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, iron, antioxidants and calcium. The chia pudding, on its own, is such a great treat. It takes about 4 hours to set and so, I would suggest that you make it the previous night.
The spiced granola is so good and tasty that I could snack on it all day long. So, definitely make a big batch and store it in an airtight jar.
As for the berry smoothie, it is the only thing that you have to make just before serving. If the smoothie sits for a long duration, the color fades to a dirty purple and it doesn’t taste that refreshing any more.
When you have the chia pudding and granola ready, putting this breakfast together will take less than 15 minutes. You will love the crunch from granola, the creaminess from the pudding and the sweet refreshing taste from the smoothie.
The layering is completely based on how you like it. You can also make your own variations of smoothie to go along with it. However, assorted berries do make the most gorgeous purple shade. So, either you go with this exact method or you can give it your own twist. The layer of chia pudding, smoothie and granola makes an amazing parfait that can even be served as a dessert.
for the chia pudding
- 1 can, 13.5 oz./400 ml coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
for the berry smoothie
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup thick yogurt
for the spiced granola
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon all spice powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup walnut
few other ingredients
- extra honey to drizzle on top
- dry toasted coconut flakes
- For the chia pudding, whisk everything under the ingredient’s list in a mixing bowl. Cover the bowl and leave it aside for 4 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- For the spiced granola, preheat the oven to 325F. Pour everything in the ingredient’s list in a mixing bowl and mix it all together. Then, layer it on a cookie sheet evenly and bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Give it a toss and turn every 10 minutes.
- For the smoothie, put everything in the ingredient’s list in a blender and blend it to a smoothie.
- Finally, layer the three components in a glass or a jar or a bowl. I like to start with the chia pudding, followed by smoothie, granola, more smoothie and some more granola. Drizzle some honey on top and scatter some dry toasted coconut flakes.
- Serve immediately.
The granola recipe will make more than required for just 4 servings. But you can save it and enjoy it later.