Make you stay home/quarantine meal situation easy and fun with this quick Baked Eggs that I have shown 3 different ways to flavor up. You don’t have to restrict to it, and this will give you an idea how to treat baked eggs as a lovely blank canvas. Needs few key ingredients, about 5 minutes of prep time and 15 to 17 minutes of baking time.
Baked Eggs 3 Ways
- Tomato and Spinach Baked Eggs
- Spicy Jalapeno Avocado Baked Eggs
- Creamy Cheese Baked Eggs
WATCH THE VIDEO
One of my go to ingredients when I am out of ideas is eggs! My family loves eggs and we prepare it in several different ways. From simple sunny side up for breakfast to curries for lunch or dinner and then occasionally we go for Baked Eggs. This is such a fun way to incorporate eggs in your menu without making too much effort.
KEY Ingredients needed for Baked Eggs:
- Butter mainly to grease the pan
- Heavy cream – This will create the custard like texture to the Baked Eggs
- Salt and Pepper for flavor
The Baking time will depend a lot of how you like the texture of your eggs. So keep an eye as you bake it in the oven. I like my eggs soft, so I don’t cook it for too long. Also depends on the size of the oven proof dish you are using.
If you don’t like soft eggs, you want to cook it a bit longer until the yolk is set.
Because baked eggs get cooked so fast you want to pick things that doesn’t need too much cooking time.
If you want to add onion and mushroom, then definitely stir fry these two separately in a pan before adding it to the oven proof dish along with the other key ingredients.
To make it easy and fuss free I made it three easiest way possible. The only extra cooking I did is crisping up some bacon strips to add on top. And that’s mainly because my son loves bacon.
Here are three different flavors I used
I used these individual size cast iron skillets
Tomato and Spinach
Cherry tomatoes along with baby spinach is layered along with cream, salt, pepper and two eggs. I had a tiny amount of leftover spinach pesto, which I added in dollops here and there. Grated some parmesan cheese on the baked eggs.
Spicy Jalapeno Avocado Baked Eggs
Roughly sliced avocado and thinly sliced Jalapeno, layered along with cream, salt, pepper and two eggs. For extra spicy flavor, sprinkle some smoked paprika and squeeze few dashes of siracha sauce here and there.
Creamy Cheese Baked Eggs
This is simplest one perfect for kids where apart from the key ingredients, add some grated cheese. And finish the baked eggs by topping some crispy bacons and grated some parmesan cheese.
All these baked eggs took the same time to bake about 17 minutes at 375 F
Keep in mind as the dish cools down, it starts to set further, so if you are like me who likes the texture softer and runnier then keep an eye and take I out at 15 minutes.
Can you prepared this in MICROWAVE
YES! Definitely possible and much faster too. One egg in a ramekin size bowl will cook in 1 minute 30 second on high. You have to cover with a microwave plate and you might need to cook another 30 second if it looks raw.
Making it in Stovetop
You have to follow the method of water bath. Prepare your individual bowls with all the ingredients. Then place the bowls in a big pot and pour hot water to reach halfway to the bowl. Then cover the pot and let it simmer in medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes. Remember to not pour too much water and remember not to cook in high heat that water starts to boil. You want to make sure the water doesn’t get inside the egg bowls.
Irrespective of what method you choose or flavors, it’s a great way to enjoy a fast meal with less effort. A treat for people enjoys eggs. Soft or fully cooked.
Baked Eggs 3 Ways
key ingredients for all the baked eggs
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Heavy cream (the measurement will depend on the container you are using. You need to fill it about half the way)
- Butter to grease the pan you are using
- 2 eggs per dish
for the Tomato and Spinach Baked Eggs
- 7 to 8 cherry tomatoes (sliced in half or quarter)
- Handful of baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons pesto (optional)
- Parmesan cheese
for the Spicy Jalapeno Avocado Eggs
- 1 avocado (peeled and sliced in wedges then sprinkle some lemon and mix it up.)
- ½ jalapeno (seeds removed and thinly sliced)
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Few dashes of sriracha hot sauce
for the Creamy Cheese Baked Eggs
- Handful of grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 strips of Crispy bacon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F
- For the Tomato and Spinach Baked Eggs, grease the small oven proof dish with butter. Layer half of the sliced tomatoes and spinach. Pour the cream halfway through, sprinkle salt. Crack the eggs, sprinkle bit more salt and crack peppers. Layer few tomatoes and spinach on top and keep it aside.
- For the Spicy Japaleno Avocado Eggs, once again grease the dish with butter. Pour the cream halfway through and scatter the sliced jalapeno. Cracked the eggs, sprinkle salt and pepper. Sprinkle the paprika and few dashes of sriracha sauce.
- The Creamy Cheese Baked Eggs is the simplest. Grease the dish with butter and pour the cream halfway through. Sprinkle the grated cheese and crack two eggs. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Place all the dishes together in the middle rack and bake for 17 minutes.
- Once done, grate parmesan cheese on top of the tomato spinach baked eggs and let it cool down for a while. Break the crispy bacon and scatter on top of the Creamy Cheese Baked Eggs.
- Enjoy it warm with some crusty bread.
I was searching for healthy breakfasts on Pinterest - just to shake up my morning routine and this will do the trick! Your photos are beautiful!
Love this recipe! Will be linking back to this in my upcoming post 🙂
love the styling and photos. plus, the baked eggs look and sound super yummy!
Love the yellow bakeware <3 Looks delish 🙂
Your baked egg makes a one yummy & romantic breakfast, Kankana. It is definitely one of those versatile breakfast dish that I will never grow tired of. Wishing you and Arvind a wonderful Valentine's Day!
Lovely photos. I've just discovered your blog while looking for fig cake recipes. Wow...nice work
Welcome and thank you so much for dropping by your kind words 🙂
What a sweet post, Kankana 🙂 It made me smile.
And the photographs tie it all in perfectly - it's cosy and intimate. All early-morning sweetness. Khub shundor.
I love how your said 'I love us'. It is so true that it feels good when the spouse is in the kitchen with a helping hand. More than help it is the time spent together matters a lot to me. I totally adore this post and that hearty breakfast.