This is my 100th post, yes 100.. wow! Can you believe it ??! 🙂 I knew this day would come, but with all the blog-hopping, cooking, writing and clicking, just didn't realize I had written 99 posts and it's time for the 100th!
The journey so far has been amazing. Understanding about blogging, different social media, making friends and sharing recipes with them, it's an experience that I am enjoying every single day. A girl who used to order take-out now prefers to spend time in the kitchen and enjoy cooking. A girl who never used to touch the camera now can't spend a day without it.
The last 5 months were all about trying new dishes, new ingredients and new techniques. It was also about learning the different lingo in photography and trying to click better picture every time.
The journey is still on!
All these wouldn't have been possible without your support and love. The suggestions, the wonderful comments, the emails, the tweets, the smiles.. you motivated me everyday 🙂 THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
Celebration always calls for a sweet treat and for me, it usually a cake. So, all I needed was a simple flavorful round soft cake. Add in some citrus.. may be some fruits.. whisk the egg fluffy and smooth.. pour the vanilla extract and enjoy how it swirls in your batter.. place in the hot oven and wait till it fills your home with the aroma that no perfume can beat. The smell of freshly baked cake always brings a smile in my face. At times, I like to see the cake through the oven glass as it rises and changes its color.
I made a Olive Oil cake with some Blackberries to celebrate my 100th post. This is for you my friend, from my kitchen to yours. The journey has just begun... I have many more things to learn from you and a lots to share with you!
Olive Oil Cake with Blackberries
- 4 eggs (separated)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 10 to 12 fresh blackberries
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- zest of one lemon
- powdered sugar for garnish
- butter to grease the pan
- Whisk the egg whites with sugar until they are smooth and thick like whipped cream.
- Add one egg yolk at a time and whisk until it mixes properly.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour with baking powder. Then, add olive oil to the bowl and mix it until it's properly incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and using a rubber spatula, fold it from the center. Continue folding it till everything is mixed properly.
- Add the vanilla extract, lemon zest and mix it again.
- Next, grease a baking pan with some butter.
- Pour the batter in the baking pan and top it with the blackberries.
- Bake it for about 45 to 50 mins at 375 F preheated oven.
- Garnish it with some powdered sugar and enjoy!
It was soft, moist and refreshing with tangy fruit bite in between. Just perfect!!
I cannot finish the post without thanking two most important people behind Sunshine & Smile.. my friend Deepa and my love Arvind 🙂 You both made me discover my passion!
Sharing this with Foodie Friday