Creamy Tuna Sandwich is one of our favorite, and sometimes we like to make it extra creamy by adding avocado to the mix and top it on a crunchy toast. In this case, the toast is flavored with roasted garlic and some cheese. This Tuna Avocado Toast makes a great breakfast or lunch.
Avocado as we all know are high in healthy fats and fiber, which makes our regular avocado toast a great healthy breakfast options.
Tuna is a great source of Omega-3 fatty acid and Vitamin B12 and in a sandwich it makes a filling breakfast or lunch.
When you mix these two superfoods into Tuna Avocado Toast, you get a healthy quick meal!
Ingredients needed for Tuna Avocado Toast
- Canned Tuna
- Bread of your choice
- Sweet Relish
- Lemon Juice
The below items are optional, but adds a huge flavor to your toast.
- Garlic Confit
- Grated Cheese
WATCH THE VIDEO
I definitely kept it very simple and basic, but you can always add some chopped onion, cucumber, lettuce and slices of tomatoes.
While I love the combination of Tuna with Avocado in toast, you can definitely use some sandwich bread to turn into a quick sandwich. It will make a great lunch box menu too.
Air fried Garlic Confit Tuna Avocado Toast
You can use your choice of bread and either toast it in a toaster or a pan with some butter or oil.
But I wanted to make it extra flavorful by using garlic confit on my toast.
Spread a couple soft roasted garlic cloves on the slices of bread, top grated cheese and then air fried until crispy golden.
And then add the Avocado Tuna on top. Every bite is crunchy, flavor packed and creamy delicious.
Can you make this in advance?
I personally don't make the toast in advance. But I do assemble the tuna with the rest of the ingredients, and store in an airtight jar in the refrigerator. I mix in the avocado just before serving.
If you however want to make it as a sandwich then yes, you can pack these between two sandwich bread slices and pack it for picnic or lunch box.
On hot summer days, I like to occasionally stay away from the stove and prepare quick sandwiches or toast. I have a few favorite quick and light sandwiches that I love to make on repeat, and this particular combination on toast or sandwich is a family favorite.
Tuna Avocado Toast
- 10 small slices of artisan bread
- 1 can tuna (5 oz)
- 2 avocados
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- freshly cracked black pepper
- roasted garlic for the toast (optional)
- grated cheese for the toast (optional)
- Slice the bread and preheat the air fryer to 350 F
- Spread couple garlic cloves in each slices of bread and top it with grated cheese.
- Air fry it for 5 minutes, or until the top looks golden brown.
- In the meantime, drain the canned tuna and add it to a mixing bowl. To that add mayo, relish, pinch of salt, freshly cracked pepper and give a mix. Taste for salt and add more if needed.
- Add the diced avocado, lemon juice and mix once again.
- Once the toast is ready, top the Tuna Avocado Mixture on top of the warm toast and enjoy right away.