The temperature has finally started to shoot up, giving us a full feeling of summer. The clear blue sky, the mildly warm breeze always calls for something refreshing and this tropical fruit ginger juice is the answer. It’s sweet, zesty and so uplifting. Make a big batch because you will love it!
We are not much of a fruit juice drinker as we are more of fruit eaters. You know what I mean! Occasionally, we do buy a big jar of orange juice but that’s about it. We do stock up on a lot of fruits and at times, I am left with fruits that are getting over ripped by just sitting in the basket. This juice was a result of one such scenario. Half of a sweet tart pineapple, couple overripe mangoes, one really tart orange blended together with fresh ginger and coconut water.
I didn’t strain the juice as I like the little pulpy texture. But if you prefer a clear juice, you could definitely strain it.
Tropical fruits often go very well with ginger. You could also add some fresh mint. This is soothing, ultimate summer comfort thirst quencher. You can also blend the fruits with water but adding coconut water adds a hint of sweetness. I even poured some of the juice into the popsicle molds for the kiddo but he disapproved it. He did taste it but then gave up. I am guessing it’s the taste of ginger.
Tropical Fruit Ginger Juice
- 12 oz 340 g fresh pineapple
- 2 fresh mangoes pulp
- 1 orange
- 1.55 oz 43 g fresh ginger
- 17.5 fl. oz. (520 ml coconut water)
- pinch of salt
- Put everything in a blender and blend it into a smooth juice. The texture will be pulpy and fibrous. If you prefer a clear juice, make sure to strain it.
- If you are not consuming the juice right away, keep it in the refrigerator.
- You can also pour the juice in popsicle molds and keep it in the freezer for a few hours to set.