I can’t believe it’s already Friday! This week just flew by. Was I that busy? Why even worry, after all it’s almost weekend. And it’s not just any weekend, it’s Arvind’s Birthday tomorrow 🙂 🙂
Initially I was planning to throw a party, but my Man wants a quiet time just with me (blush blush!!) 😉 Ok, quiet time, which means we are eating at home, which mean I need to cook some of his favorites. I still can’t figure out what to cook, I just know what I am baking. Have tons of dishes going through my mind, so many favorites from my blogger friends! HUH!! Well, I have stored some of his favorite packed food in the refrigerator too.. you know, just in case !! To start with, I have to at least finish baking the cake.
Ok guys, I am going straight to my today’s recipe. Again, this is one of my 5 ingredients recipe. It doesn’t take any prep time and very minimal cooking time. This dish can be enjoyed as an appetizer or even as a side. This particular vegetable is called Kundru in Hindi and Ivy Gourd in English. It is a tiny little green color vegetable which grows aggressively on vines. I think it’s also called Tindora.. so many names!!
Recipe # 7 for ‘ The 10 with 5 Challenge’
- A handful of Ivy Gourd/Kundru, I don't remember the measurement at all
- 2 tbs cumin seed/ Jeera
- 2 tbs fennel seed/ Saunf
- 1 tbs carom seed / Ajwain
- 1/2 tbs chilly flakes
- salt and pepper
- Slit the tiny Ivy gourds in half
- In a pan heat about 2 tbs oil
- Add the cumin seed, fennel seed, carom seed and chilly flakes and let them sizzle
- Add the ivy gourd, some salt and pepper
- Saute them till they become little tender and soft.
- Switch off the heat and serve hot.
How easy was that ? 🙂