Salmon with creamy dill sauce with rice or quinoa and may be some grilled veggies on the side! This is a perfect lazy day meal, and great during summertime. The yogurt dill sauce is the star of this dish which goes so well with grilled food. Be it vegetables, seafood or meat.
This salmon with creamy dill sauce was one of the first popular dishes from my blog. I had first shared it in 2011 when my blog was called ‘Sunshine and Smile’. I republished it with better photo and content.
Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce
Salmon fillet is seasoned with salt and pepper and then grilled just until it’s cooked to creamy flaky texture. Doesn’t take more than 3 minutes on each side on a hot grill pan. You can use outdoor grill too.
The Creamy dill sauce is a simple yogurt-based sauce. You can add any spice you like. I kept it very minimal with salt, sugar, little bit of cumin powder and lots of fresh dill leaves. The flavor comes out so refreshing.
I paired the Salmon with Creamy dill sauce with pearl couscous, and some grilled zucchini from the garden. I also had some green onion, that I sliced in half and grilled it along size the salmon.
Cooking the Salmon:
Cooking salmon is simple but tricky, and I can get very picky about the texture. It has to be flaky and cooked to perfection where the salmon just melts in your mouth. That’s very important for me.
So the timing is crucial.
You can bake the salmon fillet in the oven at 375 F for 15 minutes. The timing will change depending on the size of the fillet.
For this particular dish, I grilled the salmon on a hot grill pan for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. I like the grill marks.
The creamy dill sauce:
I have used this creamy dill sauce in lots of grilled meat or kebab like dishes. It’s just a quick blend of yogurt, fresh dill leaves, cumin powder, salt and pinch of sugar.
Variations you can add to the sauce:
- Add some avocado if you like
- Fresh cilantro and mint could be used instead
- Pinch of wasabi for the kick
- Green chili or jalapeno for heat
Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce is a quick easy meal that I like to prepare fresh and serve right away.
Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce
- Two salmon fillet 7.5 oz each
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ cup fresh dill leaves
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
for the pearl couscous
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock or hot water
other ingredients (optional)
- 2 green onion
- 1 small zucchini sliced
- Rub little salt and pepper on both the side of the salmon fillet and leave it aside for 15 minutes.
- If you are using zucchini and green onion, then rub little salt and pepper on zucchini slices. As the green onion, I sliced it in half the lower white part to grill and finely chopped the green area to cook with the pearl couscous.
- To prepare the couscous, melt the butter and add the garlic. Stir for a minute the add the couscous. Stir the couscous in the butter until the color changes to mild golden color. Then add the finely chopped green onion and the vegetable stock or water. The vegetable stock I used had saltin it. You will have to add salt to taste accordingly.
- Bring it to boil and then let it simmer in medium heat until the water is absorbed, and the couscous is cooked. Layer the cooked couscous on a serving platter.
- While the couscous cools down a little, heat the grill pan and brush the oil on it. Then layer the salmon fillets carefully and let it cook for 3 minutes on each side. Also grill the zucchini and sliced green onion along with the salmon.
- Once done, layer the salmon and the grilled veggies on the couscous.
- To prepare the creamy dill sauce, just blend the yogurt, dill, salt, sugar and cumin powder.
- Drizzle the creamy dill sauce on top of salmon and serve right away!