Since morning I have been cooking and our home is filled with aroma and I am absolutely loving it. We are having some friends over for lunch and I want to make sure everything is perfect . My friends tell me that at times I turn into ‘Monica’ of F.R.I.E.N.D.S . although I would prefer to be Rachel 😉
Now you have to have some salad as part of the meal and I didn’t gave much thought to it earlier otherwise I wouldn’t have forgotten to get some carrots and lettuce. So here comes my most simple salad tossed in a simple dressing !
I’m linking this up with the Hearth ‘n’ Soul Blog Hop.
- 2 medium size zucchini sliced thinly in circular shape
- 2 medium size tomatoes sliced thinly in circular shape
- 1 cup grated onion
- 2 spoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 spoon lemon juice
- 1 spoon lemon zest
- 1/2 spoon white vinegar
- 1 spoon freshly ground pepper
- salt to taste
- In a bowl combine the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, vinegar, pepper and salt.
- Mix it properly
- In a salad bowl combine the zucchini, tomatoes and onion.
- Pour the salad dressing on top and toss it properly.
- Key point to remember here is , you should make the salad at least 15 minutes before you serve so that the dressing is absorbed properly, but at the same time it shouldn't be too early or else it will be become soggy and too soft.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Share your creation by tagging @playfulcooking
on Instagram with the #playfulcooking and I will re-share in my story!