Once you try this Roasted Pepper and Tomato Pasta, you will probably make it on repeat! Sweet Pepper, summer tomatoes and an entire head of roasted garlic. You can only imagine how flavorful this Pasta turns out!
Roasted Pepper and Tomato Pasta
This roasted pepper and tomato pasta is the perfect summer pasta. Summer tomatoes are delicious and so sweet. When you roast along with red pepper, the flavor only elevates.
But someday, I like to spend a bit more time on the sauce. This sauce need time as it need to roast the veggies first, but it's effortless.
And the same roasted veggies can be turned into a delicious dipping sauce.
Enjoy the pasta with some Garlic Bread!
WATCH THE VIDEO
Ingredients needed for the Roasted Pepper and Tomato Pasta
Dried or Fresh Pasta - Any shape of pasta works great for this creamy sauce. It coats beautifully. You can also use gluten free pasta.
Juicy Red Tomatoes - You can use any variety, and cherry tomatoes will work too!
Red Pepper - I do remove the seeds, but if you don't mind the subtle heat it will add, just leave them.
Shallots - I prefer using shallots, but any variety of onion will work great.
A head of garlic - I like to use an entire head, as we love the extra garlicky flavor in all our dishes. But you can choose to add just a few cloves instead.
Fresh Basil Leaves - I use chopped fresh basil leaves while making the sauce. If you don't have any fresh basil leaves, you can use some dry herbs too, like basil or oregano. You can also just chop some parsley.
Heavy Cream - The heavy cream helps to bring the sauce together into a rich, creamy texture. You can use coconut cream too.
Parmesan cheese - In my world, pasta is incomplete without freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
You can add some veggies to the pasta. Broccoli, zucchini, peas, asparagus works great!
Add protein of your choice. You can add minced meat while making the sauce. Or feel free to add some left over roasted chicken.
Make it VEGAN by adding coconut milk or soy milk instead of heavy cream. You can avoid butter and use oil instead.
Have you tried eggplant in pasta ? Thy this roasted tomato and eggplant pasta
How to prepare the Roasted Pepper and Tomato Pasta
Layer the tomato, red bell pepper, shallots and garlic in a baking dish. Drizzle oil, sprinkle salt and roast.
Once cooled, blend everything to a thick, creamy consistency.
Boil pasta with seasoned water. Simultaneously simmer the blended sauce with butter and then add heavy cream.
Add chopped fresh basil and then toss the boiled pasta.
Grate Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
If you enjoy tomato sauce but don't have time to roast, try this Ravioli in Cherry Tomato and Garlic Sauce
Make the sauce in bulk and store!
The sauce can be made in bulk and stored in an air tight jar in the refrigerator for a week. You can also freeze it for couple months.
With the goodness of Bell Pepper and Tomato, this super simple and effortless Pasta recipe can be prepared in any busy day, can be made in advance and a great dish to pack and go!
Roasted Pepper and Tomato Pasta
- 1 head of garlic cloves
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 big size tomatoes
- 3 shallots
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (plus extra to garnish on top)
- 4 cups penne or Ferrazzoli dry pasta
- Preheat oven to 400 F and layer the halved tomatoes, shallots and pepper. Trim the edge of the garlic head and place the cut side on top. Drizzle a little oil and sprinkle salt.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Once cooled completely, squeeze the garlic clove out of the head to a blender. Also drop the roasted pepper, tomato and shallots. There might be some juice in the baking dish, add that too and blend to a smooth consistency.
- Boil pasta as per the package instruction. Typically, 8 minutes for al dente texture. In the meantime, place a skillet in medium heat and add the butter. Once the butter melts, pour the blended sauce and stir around. Pour the heavy cream and mix it around.
- Add chopped basil leaves and Parmesan cheese
- Add the boiled pasta along with ¼ cup of pasta water and mix everything.
- Grate more Parmesan cheese on top and enjoy the pasta right away!