Don’t swirl it with a fork, instead, cut a slice and take a big bite. Spaghetti Pizza is fun pizza made with cooked spaghetti. A great way to use left over spaghetti. With pesto, fresh mozzarella and cherry tomatoes, it is a foolproof combination of ingredients that makes every bite of this spaghetti pizza quite a mouthful!
We eat pasta at least once a week, and often it is with spaghetti and pesto or a simple tomato garlic sauce. And some days when I know that the next day will be a busy one, I make extra and turn it into a Spaghetti Pizza the next day.
Avyan can pretty much survive or pizza and pasta, so you can only imagine his excitement when I combined the both into one dish.
He is also a big fan of cherry tomatoes and fresh mozzarella, which makes this Pesto Spaghetti Pizza a happy meal in our house.
The first time I had prepared this dish was in 2015! The post is uplifted with some better photos using our garden cherry tomatoes and fresh basil.
What do you need for this Spaghetti Pizza
- Cooked spaghetti. It can be leftover from last night!
- 1 or 2 eggs to bind it together
- Few slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
- A bit of shredded mozzarella and Cheddar mix cheese
- Fresh cherry tomatoes
- fresh basil leaves
- Parmesan cheese to grate on top
How to prepare this Pasta Pizza ?
The steps are so simple!
- Roast the cherry tomatoes on a separate pan just for a while.
- Mix the cooked pasta with the eggs.
- You need a big skillet to prepare the spaghetti pizza. Rub a little butter on the pan and drop the spaghetti. Press it down to flatten it neatly. And let it cook in low heat. Once you can release the edge, flip it over. Over, just flip it on a plate and then slide it gently to the pan to cook the other side.
- Once you flip, add the cheese on top, the roasted tomatoes, few basil leaves and cover the skillet.
- Once the cheese had melted on top, it’s ready to serve.
It doesn’t need any oven and the whole meal comes together in 15 minutes. Even if you have to make fresh pasta, it will still be a very quick meal. A great weeknight fun dinner!
- 5 oz Cooked Spaghetti (can use leftover or freshly prepared)
- Pesto Sauce (link to recipe in notes below)
- Few cherry tomatoes
- 4 slices of fresh mozzarella
- mix of shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese
- few fresh basil leaves
- 2 eggs
- In a mixing bowl, drop the cooked spaghetti along with the pesto sauce and give it a mix.
- Then crack the eggs and mix it once again.
- Place a non-stick skillet at medium low heat and rub little butter on it.
- Layer the spaghetti and press it down to flatten the top.
- Let it cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the edges releases easily and if you swirl the pan, the spaghetti pizza should easily move around.
- In the meantime, roast the cherry tomatoes on a separate pan.
- You can either try to flip or cover the pan with a place (make sure you are wearing an oven glove as it will be hot) and then flip the spaghetti pizza on the plate.
- Then slide it back to the pan.
- Top it with the mix of cheese, fresh mozzarella cheese, the roasted cherry tomatoes and few fresh basil leaves
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook in medium low heat until the cheese melts on top.
- Transfer the spaghetti pizza to a plate and enjoy it warm.
You can make this with any sauce of your choice but if you want to try PESTO, here is the link to the recipe