This year, I and Arvind made a resolution that we will eat/drink something new every week (either a fruit, vegetable, drink or protein) and we planned to call it Project 52 (started 2 weeks late :)). My initial idea was to upload these new dishes or drinks in my blog, but somehow I missed it. I guess I will try them again and this time, i will remember to carry my camera around with me 🙂
This week, we tried Shiitake mushroom and Bok Choy. I know it’s very common in US, but in India, I never saw these mushrooms or bok choy. I moved to US recently and my husband doesn’t remember if he ate them in some dish or not 😀 Anyways, I remember that i have never eaten them before, so it still meets the criteria to fall under Project 52.
My initial plan was to stuff them or grill them, but yesterday morning, I was so confused about what to cook for lunch and therefore, I made them with noodles. It was a great combination and we were pretty happy with the results 🙂
- 1 packet noodle
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- one bunch bok choy, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbs ginger, finely chopped
- About 5 to 7 shiitake mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs sweet and sour soy sauce
- 1/2 tbs vinegar
- 1 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tbs red chilly paste
- 1 tbs lime juice
- salt and pepper
- Boil the noodles in hot water with some salt
- In a pan, heat some oil
- Add garlic and ginger and saute them properly
- Add the onions and fry them till they're golden brown
- Add green chillies, chilly paste, salt, pepper, soya sauce and vinegar to the pan.
- Saute them for a while and then add tomatoes, mushroom and bok choy
- Cook till the vegetables are tender. It should take about 5 to 7 minutes
- Finally, add the noodles and mix them properly.
- Sprinkle some lime juice on top and serve it hot.
I loved the combination so much that I might try them with pasta someday 🙂