“To photograph is to hold one’s breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It’s at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy.”
― Henri Cartier-Bresson
With that quote, let me announce the DMBLGiT for the month of June 2012!
DMBLGiT – “Does My Blog Look Good In This” is a monthly online food photography event that started way back in 2005 by Andrew of Spittoon Extra. It’s hosted every month by different bloggers and any blogger who has posted a photograph with a food or drink can participate in the challenge. The host chooses a panel of judges and these judges will score the photographs based on certain criteria. Finally, a total of 6 winners will be announced next month by the host.
Ever since I learned about DMBLGiT, I’ve been submitting my food photos and very recently, I was lucky to win a couple of ‘Good Looking Badges’. If you are hearing about it for the first time and want to learn more, click here.
If you would like to host future editions of the challenge, please read these instructions for hosting and feel free to email Andrew.
This month, I am hosting the event and am absolutely excited about it. Sometime later in the month, I will be announcing the judges for this month’s challenge.
The rules, scoring criteria and link to the gallery where the photos would be saved is mentioned below. If you have any doubts, drop an email to me.
Rules for entering the DMBLGiT June 2012
- Only one food/drink photograph may be entered per person.
- You must have taken the photograph.
- The photograph must have been posted on your blog between May 1st and May 31st, 2012.
- The deadline to submit your entry is June 20th, 2012 at midnight, whenever that is in your part of the world.
Send your entry to kankana(at)sunshineandsmile(dot)com with DMBLGIT June 2012 in the subject line with the following information:
– Your name.
– Your blog’s name and URL.
– The title of your photograph.
– The URL of the post containing the photograph.
– The camera and lens used by you (optional).
– Your location.
– An attachment of a single qualifying food or drink photo you’d like to send as your entry. It should be without any text/watermark and not more than 500 pixels in width.
Note: By submitting a photo, you agree to your picture being re-displayed and altered in size on the host’s page and on DMBLGIT page.
A panel of 5 talented judges will choose a total of Six Winners. I will introduce the Judges sometime later this month.
- There will be 3 overall winners
- 1 additional winner for Aesthetics: composition, food styling, lighting, focus, etc
- 1 additional winner for Edibility: “does the photo make us want to dive in and eat the food?”
- 1 additional winner for Originality: the photograph that catches our attention and makes us want to say “wow!”, displaying something we might not have seen before
As a host, I have the privilege to pick one photo that I think stands out and wasn’t selected as a winner.
All the submissions can be viewed in DMBLGiT June 2012 gallery, which I will keep updating as and when I receive the photos. If you don’t see your photo in the gallery within 72 hours of sending your entry, please drop a comment here or contact me in facebook or send me a tweet!
I am looking forward to seeing the entries. Remember, the last date is 20th June, so get busy and send me your entry 🙂
Check out last month’s winners at Radhika’s blog Just Homemade