Last week was one crazy, busy and fun week! Our friends were here from NJ and the whole week was all about parties, delicious food and too many late nights 🙂 The weather was however, not too supportive. It was raining the whole week, bad storm and chilly winds. It made me wonder that if the winter was back again? Anyways, the weather forecast for this week looks good and may be, the rain will finally stop.
I have a lot of catching up to do in the blogging world. I have missed a lot of recipes in the last week and a half. I was hardly getting any time to go online! There was a lot of interesting cooking happening in my kitchen and I can't wait to share it with you guys. Talking about today's recipe, this is more of a typical Indian dish and my Mom used to make egg curry a lot.
This is one of my favorite egg curry - easy to cook, absolutely tasty and goes well with either rice or parathas or just plain phulkas. If potato is one of my favorite vegetable, then egg would be one of my favorite protein. I think I am eggaholic 😛 Give me an egg in any form and I will love it.. I never get tired of them, even if I have to eat them back to back for days. I know when you think of egg, you think of breakfast. But the best part about eggs is that it can be an appetizer or main course or even desert!
- 4 large eggs (hard boiled)
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 medium tomato (finely chopped)
- 1 tbs cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon chilly powder
- 4 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 tbs ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 tbs finely chopped cilantro (for garnish)
- Hard boil the eggs and peel off the shells.
- In a deep pan or a wok, heat some oil and saute the boiled eggs for a while. You need to brown them a little. Once done, keep them aside.
- In the same pan, add some more oil(if requireand saute ginger, garlic and cumin seeds for two minutes.
- Add onions, season with some salt and pepper and cook till onions are translucent.
- Now, add the tomatoes to it and cook for another few minutes.
- Transfer the whole content to a food processor and blend it to a thick gravy.
- Pour them back to the same pan and add coriander powder, chilly powder and cook it for some more time.
- Add the boiled eggs to the gravy and pour 1 cup hot water. Then, let it cook for another couple of minutes.
- Check for salt and if required, add some.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve it hot with layered paratha or any bread of your choice.
Sharing this recipe with Let's do Brunch by April
Thank you for this recipe - I have made it a few times now. And it really was the perfect recipe for using up last weekend's easter eggs. Its so good I decided to post it on my blog...THANKS! http://afracooking.wordpress.com
Thank you so much, Kankana for visiting my blog. You have lovely pics and fantastic recipes. I am enjoying reading every recipe. I will keep visiting regularly from now on:)
By the way, I have lived in Santa Clara for almost seven years and I adore the California!
The Mistress of Spices
Hi Kankana! I always appreciate a good egg curry and make many different versions... yours sounds and looks great, will add it to my repertoire! Thanks!
April @ The 21st Century Housewife
Hello again! Just to let you know that the linky for this week's Let's Do Brunch is now up and open so please do come along and join in if you haven't already!
this is always a favourite looks delicious
April @ The 21st Century Housewife
Your Egg Masala looks so good! It is a dish I have never tried, so I am looking forward to making your recipe. The spicing sounds just wonderful. Thank you for sharing your recipe with The Hearth and Soul Blog Hop and also with Let's Do Brunch!
This is really yummy. I am your new follower, I found your blog tru blog hop. I am Marelie@ http://www.cookiedropletsetcbymarelie.com
I am not a huge fan of eggs but your display makes my mouth water. Looks so yummy... I will have to try making this one!!
I tried it and it exactly tasted like mums..Thank you so much for this yummy receipe..Cheers
Wit,wok & wisdom
The egg curry looks so inviting Kankana..I absolutely love eggs and so does mu hubby:)I have an event going on at my place...do hop in sometime to take a look!
Kate @ Diethood.com
I'm out of cumin - need to put it on the grocery list because I am drooling over this dish... sounds terrific!
Gee, your recipe looks so easy...but I seem to always screw up Indian food when I make it at home. I wish I had that bowl in my hands right now...I'm so hungry!
Wow, this sounds amazing. I would never have thought to add eggs to this but it sounds lovely. And your photos are beautiful.
I'm an eggaholic too! I try to keep to egg whites because I eat so many my cholesterol would be sky high otherwise...this curry looks like an awesome way to make even egg whites exciting, though...
What a fun meal!! Mriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters
y.Looks delicious. I to make similar way
This looks yummy. I'll probably make it this week!
that looks sooo yummy! I love Indian and I love eggs so it's a match made in heaven!
Babe, you ROCK!!.. do you know that!?... you do!!!!