One thing I miss the most is my mom cooked food and specially her chicken dish! It’s not that she would add a lot of flavor or marinate for hours
yet it would be like something you never tasted before. This is not my Mom’s recipe , I don’t even give a try to that. I mean to say why to spoil the fun of waiting for months just to hear that music in your mouth 😉
- 1 lbs chicken, a combination of legs and breast
- 1 medium onion grated
- 10 to 12 pearl onions
- 1 medium tomato grated
- 2 medium potatoes, each cut in big cubes
- 1 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 3 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 2 tbs finely chopped ginger
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tbs cumin powder
- 2 tbs coriander powder
- 1 tbs chilly powder
- salt and pepper for taste
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 bay leaf
- In a large bowl combine the chicken with cumin powder, coriander powder, chilly powder, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Pour the wine in the bowl and let the chicken marinate for an hour or two.
- Fry the potatoes in a hot pan with some oil, Do not over fry them !
- Take the potatoes out and now in the same pan, fry the chicken piece (do not include the manirate water, take one piece at a time and fry it)till it's little brown.
- In the same pan add the cinnamon and bay leaf , heat it for a while and then add the grated onion, and the pearl onions and fry them for a while. Now add the grated tomatoes and keep stiring them to make sure they don't get burnt.
- Add the manirate mixture from the bowl and keep frying for 5 to 10 mins .
- Add the fried chicken in the pan , pour some hot water , lower the heat and let it for another 10 to 15 mins. Make sure the water is reduced to half and the the gravy looks thick
- Add the chopped cilantro , taste for salt and add if you think it's not enough.
- Serve hot ... delicious !!