This quick Cranberry Sauce packed with flavors will uplift your any day holiday meal. Sweet, tangy and so easy to make that one should never buy those store bought cans. The cranberry sauce can be used in drinks, dessert, and pairs beautifully with turkey, or any kind of grilled meat or meat balls too.
The Cranberry sauce needs just 15 minutes to make in stove top. You can definite switch it up your own way with what ever flavors you like.
I make this cranberry sauce every year as soon as I spot it in the market, it is a family favorite for sure!
Why you will love this Cranberry Sauce
It takes only 15 minutes to make and flavor packed with herb and spices. The flavor of fresh rosemary makes this cranberry sauce extra delicious.
Almost no prep time needed, and you can make this a week in advance too.
Fresh Cranberry - Preferably use fresh cranberries. You can use frozen too, but not the dried ones!
Sugar - You can use white or brown sugar. Simultaneously, you can also use other kind of sweeter too.
Fruit Juice - I don't add any water, instead I use only juice. Sometimes orange juice, or pineapple or mango juice. If you use orange juice, makes sure to use the zest too.
Spices - Warm spices like cinnamon stick and star anise boost the taste a lot. Don't use powder, use whole spices, so the flavor stays subtle.
Fresh Rosemary - I like to use fresh herb like rosemary or thyme. It is not mandate, but adds a beautiful floral note to the sauce.
Steps to prepare the Cranberry Sauce
Making the cranberry sauce is very easy, and it comes together in 15 minutes!
- In a heavy bottom pan, scatter the fresh cranberries along with white or brown sugar
- Add the rosemary sprigs, star anise and cinnamon stick. I prefer to drop and whole sprig of rosemary so I can just pick it out once the sauce is ready. You can finely chop and add too.
3. Pour some fruit juice, like orange juice and zest, pineapple juice, or even mango juice.
4. Next, simmer it for 10 to 15 minutes and stir around in between. Once it's ready, remove the rosemary sprigs, cinnamon sticks and star anise.
Different ways to use Cranberry Sauce
Add in cakes and cheesecakes
Use with pancakes or waffles or crêpes
You can top it in your morning granola bowl or chia bowl.
It is great with grilled meat, meatballs and of course turkey
It is amazing on puff pastry with brie cheese or cream cheese.
Any fresh fruit sauce is filled with the goodness of vitamin C. Cranberries are great antioxidants and helps in stronger immune system
No, you can make it by adding just water too. Fruit juice helps to add flavor.
Yes! You can add pineapple, apple. For flavor, you can also add vanilla essence.
Best way to store
Any sauce or jam should always be stored in a clean dry glass or ceramic jar with an air tight lid. You can keep it at room temperature during cold days, but I prefer to store in the refrigerator.
It is served at room temperature, so you can take it out of the fridge a couple of hours before serving.
Quick Cranberry Sauce
- 12 ounce bag of cranberries (washed)
- 1 cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup orange juice or pineapple juice or mango juice
- 1- star anise
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- pinch of salt
- Wash the cranberries thoroughly and place it in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add the sugar, spices and herb.
- Add a pinch of salt and place the pan on medium heat.
- Stir occasionally as the sugar starts to melt, and the cranberries starts to soften.
- You can press down the cranberries as it cooks. Do not blend.
- Once it's done, take off the rosemary sprigs, cinnamon stick and the star anise.
- Let it cool down completely and then store in an airtight container.