Chocolate Truffles are one of the easiest dessert to make it in advance and add in your Holiday gift basket. These Chocolate Truffles are filled with nuts and hint of cayenne pepper. It’s fudgy, rich, and chocolate lovers rejoice.
These tiny chocolate delights are loved by everybody. It makes a perfect addition to your holiday treat spread or add in your Christmas gift box.
Chocolate truffles last for long when kept in the refrigerator, so make a bit batch and enjoy any time.
Homemade Chocolate Truffles are an indulgent chocolate treat that you can make your own way by adding the flavors you like. It may sound fancy, but it’s really so simple to make and technically will call for just 2 KEY INGREDIENTS.
If you made chocolate ganache before, then you can make chocolate truffles too.
The Right Chocolate for Chocolate Truffles
There is really no right or wrong chocolate. You definitely want a good quality chocolate when making truffles. DON’T USE CHOCOLATE CHIPS.
Depending on the variety of chocolate you are using, you will have to change the quantity of the heavy cream that goes in making the ganache.
For dark chocolate, I use 8 oz dark chocolate bar with 2/3 cup heavy cream. If you use milk chocolate instead, then reduce the quantity of heavy cream.
I am not a big fan of plain chocolate truffles. I need some crunchy bites in between, and so I like to add toasted nuts. But you can definitely discard that.
If you are adding nuts, then just toast the assorted nuts at 350F for 10 minutes. Once cooled, chop it roughly and mix with chocolate ganache.
Other Flavor Choices
Chocolate and orange is a great combo. You can use orange zest with a little of fresh orange juice. Don’t add too much or else it will get too liquid and won’t hold shape.
You can use rose water with dried rose petals.
I like to use cayenne pepper with chocolate. It gives a very mild heat kick.
Use confetti or sprinkles. Kids love those.
Whatever flavor you choose to use, just think of how you can incorporate it without changing the consistency of the ganache.
Steps to make Chocolate Nut Truffles
Roast the assorted nuts in the oven. Once cooled, roughly chop it into tiny bites.
Melt the chocolate with heavy cream and add little butter. Then whisk to make it smooth. Butter is optional, but I like to add because it adds a lovely shine and makes the texture creamy.
Add the chopped nuts andcayenne pepper, then whisk again.
Cover the bowl and keep in the fridge for a couple of hours for it to set. You don’t want it to be too hard. The texture should set enough, so you can scoop out a little amount to roll into truffles.
Once it set, scoop out 2 tablespoons quantity amount and place those on a cookie sheet. Then place the cookie sheet back in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Take it out and roll into round shape and roll it on cocoa powder.
You could also roll on chopped nuts or drizzle melted chocolate on the truffles.
The creamy chocolate nut delights are so addictive and fun to make. Give your own little twist as per your liking and enjoy it as a quick sweet craving, and make it a part of your holiday edible gifts.
Chocolate and Nuts Truffles
- 8 oz dark chocolate bars
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup assorted nuts of your choice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- cocoa powder to dust on the chocolate truffles
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and layer the assorted nuts in a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Once the nuts are cool enough to handle, roughly chop the nuts into tiny bite size.
- Finely chop the chocolate bars and place it in a microwave container and let it microwave for 30 seconds. Take it out and give it a mix. Repeat one more times for 20 seconds, then add the butter and mix it.
- Warm the heavy cream either in microwave or stove top and pour it on the chocolate. Whisk to create the shiny, glossy ganache.
- Add the chopped nuts, cayenne pepper and mix once again.
- Cover with a lid and place the container in the fridge for a few hours to set.
- Using a spoon on scooper, scoop 1 tablespoon size and place on a plate. Once you are done scooping all, place the plate back in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Finally, roll the truffles to form the round shape and roll it on cocoa powder.
- Store in a clean container in the refrigerator.