Ever since I made my flavor bomb Chili Oil, this Chili Oil Noodles have become our go-to quick meal. It takes less than 10 minutes to prepare the dish. On a cold night after a very busy day, this bowl of spice loaded Noodles is so comforting!
Chili Oil Noodles
You must have seen various version of this Spicy Noodle dish on the internet these days. And often people would make an instant chili oil and then toss the boiled ramen/noodles to it.
I am sure that would taste amazing, but when you prepare the noodle with chili oil that has been sitting for a while, the flavor enhances and turns into finger licking good.
Here is a link to the Chili Oil that it always stocked in my pantry, and I have used it in so many ways.
There is a boat load of flavor in the Oil:
- Korean Chili Powder – Gochugaru (You can use chili flakes too)
- green onion
- star anise
- bay leaves
- black pepper
- coriander seeds
- cinnamon stick
- sesame seeds
With all that spices, you can imagine how flavorful the chili oil will turn out.
What is added in the Chili Oil Noodles
The Chili Oil Noodles is prepared by tossing the cooked noodles with premade chili oil, soya sauce and sesame oil. I add fresh green onion for garnish and some more sesame seeds.
If you are like me who enjoys soft eggs with noodles, then add that too. The creamy yolk adds a rich taste to the
A few variations to try :
Make it soupy like ramen, add some veggies in it too.
It is amazing with crispy tofu
Left over pulled chicken is a great addition to this noodle dish
I sometime love to add boiled wonton. For this, I let the frozen wonton boil for a couple of minutes before I add the noodles.
What variety of Noodles to use?
There is absolutely no rule, no right or wrong noodles. You can try with pasta too. I mostly use instant ramen noodles, because I also add the spice powder that comes in the packet for the extra boost of taste.
Key point to not overcook the noodles like any other noodle dish. Boil it as per the instruction time in the packet mentioned.
I definitely like mine topped with soft eggs and an extra drizzle of the chili oil on top. It is SO GOOD.
Chili Oil Noodles
- 2 packets of your choice of Instant Ramen.
- 4 tablespoons Chili Oil (make sure to add the crispy bits.)
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 tablepsoon sesame oil
- chopped green onion for garnish (optional)
- sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Fried eggs on top (optional)
- Boil a pot of water and cook the noodles as per the instruction mentioned in the package. If the packet comes with dry spice powder, add that too. Or discard if you don't want to use that.
- While the noodle boils, in a mixing bowl add the chili oil, soya sauce, sesame oil and green onion. Mix it around.
- Dropped the cooked noodles and toss it around.
- Add more green onion, sesame seeds and top it with fried eggs.
- Enjoy warm.