I always feel that after a vacation, I will be reluctant to enter the kitchen but it somehow turns out to be just the opposite. I only get more excited! It’s been a couple of days since we came back from our dream-came-true trip and I have loads to share with you. Hopefully, I will soon be done editing the gazillion photos that we captured. Yes, gazillion! What can I say, we visited Paris and Rome, and it was our first time to these beautiful places. We just couldn’t get enough of its beauty. I will share the travel post soon, I promise.
Today, let’s enjoy the Carrot Ginger Mini Bundt cake.
It’s been pouring all-day long and the weatherman said that it would remain the same for the next few days. For some weird reason, I am actually enjoying the rain and the cozy feeling that it’s bringing along with it. I am also enjoying the smell of the cake and the simple flavors, which go so well with a cup of hot tea. Perfect for the season, I say.
I personally feel that the combination of ginger and carrot always works! Be it in a savory soup or a sweet cake. I also added some lemon to it for a refreshing flavor. It’s one of those easy, effortless baking recipes that can turn any gloomy day into a pretty happy one!
Carrot Ginger Mini Bundt Cake
- 1-½ cup all purpose flour (plus more to dust the baking pans)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup olive oil (plus more for greasing the baking pans)
- 2 eggs
- 3 medium size carrots (finely grated)
- 2- inch ginger (finely grated)
- zest of one lemon (plus more for garnish)
- juice of half lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Grease the baking pans with some oil and dust it with flour.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk oil, egg and sugar until it’s smooth and pale yellow in color.
- Add the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl to this bowl and mix it properly.
- Add rest of the ingredients (carrot, ginger, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract) and whisk for about a minute.
- Pour the batter in the baking pans. Fill it half way through. Bake it for about 30 minutes.
- Before serving, sift some icing sugar on top and add some lemon zest.
I am sharing this with Lora @ Cake Duchess and Anuradha @ Baker Street for her event #BundtAMonth
Absolutely perfect to enjoy a rainy day indoor. I like how cute the cake looks in the mini bundt pan too!
Colette @ JFF!
Carrot & ginger are awesome together!
Ginger in carrot cake is just amazing.
I am going to your trip post now. Carrot and ginger is my best and only way to have a carrot cake. really beautiful.
Your kitchen must have smelled wonderful while your little cakes were baking. They sound terrific.
I love rainy and cozy days-) I don't feel guilty if I watch an extra TV or bake something extra nutty -)) Your dessert looks so good, I just love the combination of these flavors. Winter is the season when baking is part of it, we should enjoy every moment of it.