Yesterday was Arvind’s birthday and we wanted to celebrate it at home, just us 🙂 So, I decided to treat him with some of his favorites. Everyone needs to make the ‘midnight wish’ and he love white chocolate anytime.. So, I thought of making a white chocolate cake. I wanted to bake the cake in advance to surprise him at midnight and that kept my Friday evening very busy.
Birthday cake should be decorated and fancy, with neat icing, but I had no idea on how to do that. I took a risk and it was a disaster 🙁 I thought of covering the cake with whipped cream and melted white chocolate, and write with milk chocolate on the top. So, I baked the cake, and once it was cold enough (which I thought was enough!!), I spread the whipped cream and started writing on it. It was looking awesome 🙂 Then, the door bell rang. Arvind came home early .. OH NO !! I couldn’t have done anything to hide the cake in time and I left kitchen for a minute, but guess what happened? I came back and saw the cake. All of the writing on top of the cake had melted and it gave an abstract design to it … aaaaaaaaaaa .. wanted to scream and cry!!!
Arvind was so excited to see the cake. He thought the design was fun and when I told him he said ‘aawwhh.. let’s go and buy the ready made icing bottle and you can design on top of the cake’ How sweet is he! I was so mad at me for not letting the cake to cool down enough. So, the final icing was from the bottle… Why didn’t I think of it before? Anyways, the cake was awesome and my Man was super happy 🙂
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 1 tbs baking soda
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup oil, I used extra virgin oil
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- Using a food processor, grind the cashew nuts to fine dust
- Add the eggs and the sugar to the processor and run it for at least 5 to minutes or until it's mixed properly.
- Melt the chocolate chips along with the milk and butter. I kept it in a bowl and heated it in the microwave for about a minute or Mix them with a spoon to make it smooth.
- In a big bowl, add the flour and the baking soda and mix them properly. Add the content from the food processor to the bowl and whisk it.
- Add the oil and vanilla extract and keep whisking until it's smooth and there is no air holes.
- Rub the baking pan with some melted butter and dust it with some flour.
- Pour the batter and bake it for 50 minutes at 375 F.
The cake was super moist and he said it was his favorite cake 🙂 For lunch, I made one of his favorite dish, which I will share in my next post 😉