How many of you wish that you were a wizard living in Harry Potter’s world, navigating your way around Hogwarts Castle on your magic broom? I wish it sometimes.. OK.. most of the times.. especially during the times when I feel super lazy! I wish that I had a magic wand and I could finish laundry or folding clothes or dusting or cleaning at the blink of an eye 😉 Ahh dreams!!
It was one such day when I was feeling very lazy since morning! From the corner of my eye, I could see the laundry basket screaming at me to clear it off. I could see the beautiful sunny day from my window asking me to come out for a walk. Huh! I decided to ignore it all. Everybody deserves to be lazy some days.. right?? So, I switched on the TV, made myself a nice lemonade and started watching Food Network channel. Cupcake War was on… perfect!
I just love to see all the creativity in designing a cupcake. If I can ever make a cup cake look that pretty, I doubt if i’ll eat it!! I suck at making frosting or any cake decoration. To be honest, I actually prefer my cake without any frosting. My type of cake would be just plain and simple, fresh out of the oven. I definitely like to see all those frosting on a cake. It makes it look so gorgeous and pretty. After seeing all these cupcakes, I started to crave for some. Now, these are the moments when I wish for a magic wand.. like it’s even possible. 😀
I didn’t wanted to make something too heavy or rich. Most importantly, I wanted to make something quick. Long back, I had made Lemon Mint Cake and till date, it’s one of my favorite cake. I decided to make the same thing again with just some minor changes in the old recipe. The combination of lemon and mint is so refreshing and light.. It makes the cupcake as a perfect bite to go along with tea or coffee too!
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 12 big fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- pinch of salt
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, baking power, mint leaves and pinch of salt).
- In a separate bowl, whip the eggs with sugar.
- Add butter, lemon juice, lemon zest and milk to the eggs.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk properly.
- Add vanilla extract and whisk it again to incorporate all the ingredients and form a nice batter.
- Place the paper liners in the cupcake pan.
- Then, using a big spoon or ice cream scooper, pour the batter in the cupcake pans.
- Bake it for about 20 mins at 375 F
- Like I said I don't like frosting 🙂 But, you can add lemon frosting or cream cheese frosting and enjoy the cup cake.