The only cake I used to bake was chocolate cake and then I got married 🙂 Like most wives I like to cook what my husband likes more and to my surprise he doesn’t like chocolate cake although he can eat chocolate the whole day! That’s when Lemon Cake was introduced to me and to twist it up I added one more of his favorite .. mint.
The important thing to remember about this cake is too much of lemon or too much of mint will totally spoil the cake. Please note if you follow my measurement it will bake a 1/2 kg Lemon Mint Cake.
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 10 big mint leaves chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- butter and flour to apply on the baking pan
- In a cake mixer or food processor pour the eggs and sugar and mix it for a while till it mixed nicely.
- Add the chopped mint leaf , lemon zest and the lemon juice mix it properly for about a minute.
- Now pour the oil slowly while your food processor in running, so that the oil blends properly with the rest of the ingredients.
- In a separate bowl add the flour and mix it with the baking powder.
- Pour the mixture from the grinder and mix it properly with the flour in the bowl.
- Pour the vanilla extract and mix it properly to make sure there is no air hole or lump.
- In a baking dish , grease it with butter and dust it with flour.
- Spread the batter in the pan and bake it at 350F for 45 min.
- While serving the cake you can garnish it with some finely chopped mint leaf.