Quick and easy for any day sweet craving, this Eggless Chocolate Cake is a keeper! The recipe makes a small 6-inch bundt cake, but you can bake the same in a loaf pan or a round cake pan. No egg, no butter this 6-inch chocolate cake has delicate crumbs and taste absolutely delicious. A great easy cake idea to celebrate Mother’s Day!
Eggless Chocolate Cake
- No Eggs
- No Butter
- Once Bowl Easy Cake
- Makes a small 6-inch cake
I am all about easy one bowl cake and most of my cake recipes are quick, fuss free and perfect for anybody who doesn’t bake often.
Some of my friends often get intimated with the idea of baking a cake but once they see one of my cake video or follows one of my cake recipe, they totally start to get the hang of it.
This Eggless Chocolate Cake is made with Cocoa Powder
This Eggless Chocolate Cake recipe is similar to my Eggless Tutti Frutti Cake.
LINK TO THE VIDEO of the Eggless Tutti Frutti Cake
I had to make a few adjustments in the measurements to adjust the cocoa powder with the flour. Now, whenever you add cocoa powder to cake batter, you have to add little hot water to get the perfect crumbly texture of the cake. A critical step that shouldn’t be skipped.
Ingredients for the cake:
- Vegetable Oil
- All Purpose Flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
Adding Frosting to the Cake
You can definitely add a thick layer of chocolate frosting to the cake. I kept it very minimal as you can see with some chocolate ganache on top.
Chocolate ganache is prepared by melting chocolate with whipped cream. Since I used dark chocolate I add a tiny bit of butter too. You can either melt it on a stop top or in the microwave.
I have never been a big fan of chocolate, I very occasionally enjoy some dark chocolate. But chocolate cake is one of my absolute favorite. My husband and our kid are just the opposite! Both of them love chocolates but prefers different flavor cake.
So, I rarely bake a chocolate cake for myself. But some days craving hits and this is my go-to EASY chocolate cake, either with egg or eggless.
Here are more cake recipes you definitely should try!
- 1 cup plain thick yogurt
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teapsoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup hot water
- pinch of salt
- melted chocolate
- fresh fruits
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Grease a round 6 inch cake pan or bundt pan with oil and brush it all around
- In a big mixing bowl whisk the yogurt with sugar until it well combined.
- Pour the oil and whisk again until it's smooth with no lump at all.
- Place a sifter on the bowl and to that add the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Sift the dry ingredients to the yogurt mixture and using a rubber spatula, fold the dry ingredients until it's well combined.
- Finally, add the hot water and mix again.
- Pour the batter to the pan.
- Bake in the middle rack of the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Let the cake cook down for 5 minutes, then release the edges with a butter knife before the releasing the cake from the pan.
- Enjoy it with a cup of tea or coffee.
You can bake the cake in round pan or in loaf pan too.