This roasted garlic mushroom is an easy, no fuss delicious dish that pairs best with some rustic bread. It’s a toss-everything-together and forget about it for the next 20 minutes kind of a meal. If you like garlic and mushroom, you will absolutely love this and probably make it on repeat. All it needs is 5 Key ingredients!
We both love mushroom and always looking for different ways to use it in our meal. My most preferred way is to stir fry for breakfast or toss with pasta. And occasionally when I have some rustic bread at home, I like to make this roasted garlic mushroom.
With a dish such as this, you need a good bread to soak up all that juice. Try this No Knead Easy bread recipe!
5 key Ingredients:
- Mushroom (I used button mushroom) Arvind just loves button mushroom
- Garlic cloves
- Fresh herbs (thyme or rosemary) and finely chopped cilantro or parsley
If you like spicy food, you can add chili flakes too. Make it extra special pouring some white wine in it if you like.
Apart of these you need salt and pepper and definitely some good rustic bread.
How to make this Roasted Garlic Mushroom
- Clean the mushroom with a kitchen towel, do not wash it. If you have to wash it, then just scrub it gently with a wet kitchen towel. The mushroom will not brown nicely if it’s wet.
- In an ovenproof dish, layer the whole mushroom, thinly sliced garlic cloves, butter knobs here and there, sliced lemon juice and fresh herbs (not the cilantro or the parsley). Salt and pepper.
- Roast it at 450F for 20 minutes, tossing it once after 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle fresh finely chopped cilantro/parsley leaves. Enjoy it warm.
The broth that gets created from roasting mushroom with butter and lemon is so flavorful that I always munch more bread in the process. It’s amazing how with such minimal effort and ingredients you can come up with robust taste.
You can definitely add a lot of other things to make it more filling. Also, you could just ditch the bread and toss it with quinoa, pasta, rice.
Instead of using just button mushroom, you could make it with different other variety of mushrooms of your choice. The roasting time might change based on the size of the mushrooms of you are using.
baking for 10 more minutes.
and enjoy it warm.