If I have to select my favorite meal, I would definitely select Breakfast. It’s my all time favorite, some eggs.. some bread.. some fruits.. aaahh, perfect! I enjoy it more on weekends as you can take your time to enjoy every bite of the crispy bread or that yummy cheesy omelet. You can even sip your coffee more slowly, like you have all the time in the world.
Every weekend Arvind tries to help me in making breakfast. He always throws in some interesting ideas .. some are approved .. some are rejected .. and some (I would just have this blank look!) . I haven’t shared many breakfast recipes in my blog, that could be because we were too hungry to either take a picture or we were not sure how it would work out. 🙂
Last weekend I made this breakfast, which we absolutely loved and thankfully, we had the patience to click some pics too. I used to make something similar in small sauce pan, but this time I used Ramekin. It’s quick, easy and you got to try it! I don’t even know what’s it called? I searched in the net, couldn’t find anything.. so I am calling it ‘Egg Bowl’
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 1/2 medium tomato finely chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbs chilly flakes
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- salt and pepper
- Heat some oil in a pan, add the garlic and saute for a while
- Add the onion, tomato and chilly flakes with some salt and pepper
- Cook till it's little tender. This should take about 10 minutes
- Take the content from the pan in a separate bowl
- Add the spinach and the cheese to the content and mix it properly
- Take 2 Ramekin and grease the sides and the bottoms with some oil or butter
- Divide the content from the bowl into two separate Ramekin and make a hole in center with your finger
- Crack one egg in each Ramekin, very slowly, do not break the egg yolk.
- Bake it at 370 F for about 20 minutes or until the egg white is cooked. Avoid overcooking it if you would like it a little soft.
Serve it hot with some bread toast… yummylicious!!