Make your donut craving guilt free by trying these soft and delicious Baked Donuts. It’s not only tasty but also really easy and comes together super quickly. It’s makes a small batch of just 8 mini donuts which is perfect portion control and perfect for kid’s too. I glazed few with sugar icing and left the rest just dusted in cinnamon and sugar. With a cup of coffee, it’s absolute happiness!
This baked donut recipe doesn’t call for yeast. It doesn’t require any kneading. Like I said – easy and quick!
All you need is few basic ingredients, mixing bowl, a whisk, rubber spatula and a donut pan. It other words it's can also be called cake donut. But the texture comes out very close to yeast donut.
What ingredients are needed to prepare the Baked Donuts?
- Baking powder
For flavor I used:
- Ground cinnamon
- Freshly grated nutmeg
STEPS to prepare the Baked Donuts:
- In a bowl whisk the butter, sugar, milk and egg.
- Sift the dry ingredients to the bowl
- Using a rubber spatula fold everything to form a batter
- Pour the batter into the donut pan and bake. This is the donut pan I used
KEY NOTE: Do not whisk or overmix the batter.
The recipe makes a small batch of just 8 mini donuts!
Our son loves anything with frosting or icing, and so I used a simple sugar icing for some of the donuts. As for us, I left it simple, with just sugar cinnamon dusting.
Avayn was super excited to find these donut surprise after school and finished two back to back. It was definitely worth all the effort.
For a very long time I restricted myself from getting a donut pan. I would instead just pick a few from Krispy Kreme whenever craving would hit, or we would happen to cross by.
Finally, few weeks back I gave it a go and got this super cute tiny donut pan. Nothing beats the pleasure of homemade warm donuts and if it’s baked instead of fried, it turns into a guilt free pleasure.
I am soon going to try the donut with the yeast, but this easy recipe will be my go-to on play dates and random weekends.
Baked Donuts – EASY and QUICK
donuts which is perfect portion control and perfect for kid’s too.
for the baked donuts
- 1 egg
- Milk - ½ cup
- Unsalted butter - 1 tablespoon melted
- Sugar - ¾ cup
- All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
- Ground cinnamon - ½ teaspoon
- few dash of nutmeg
- Salt - ¼ teaspoon
for the simple cinnamon sugar dusting
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
for icing sugar glaze
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- A tiny drop of food color of your choice
- Sprinkle of your choice.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a mixing bowl, crack the egg, pour the milk, add the sugar and melted butter. Whisk to mix everything.
- Place a sifter on top of the bowl and add all the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder, ground cinnamon and nutmeg). Sift it to the bowl.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the dry to the wet gently until it comes together. Do not over mix or whisk. It’s ok if the batter doesn’t look too smooth.
- Butter the donut pan and pour the batter leaving a little space on top for the donut to rise.
- Bake for 17 minutes.
- While the donut is baking, keep the melted butter in a bowl and mix the sugar and cinnamon in a plate. Keep aside.
- Whisk the powdered sugar with the water until it looks smooth. Add the food color and whisk once again.
- Once the donuts are baked, take it off the pan. It should come out easy.
- While the donuts are still warm, dip in melted butter then dip in the sugar cinnamon mixture. For the icing sugar glaze, let the donut cool down a little bit then either dip the donuts on the icing sugar bowl or drizzle the icing on the donut. Add the sprinkles while the icing glaze is still wet.
- Enjoy these fresh!