Air fried Green Beans crusted with almond and coconut is a healthy side dish. From prep to finish it takes 15 minutes. The flavor of coconut with almond is so lovely with the crunch of almonds and green beans.
You can make this dish in stove top too but it is so easy and quick in Air fryer without compromising on flavor. Mix everything and layer in the Air Fryer tray. You don't need to monitor, and in 8 to 10 minutes it will be ready.
Ingredients you need
Green Beans - Look for tender green beans that are bright green and the ends snaps easily.
Almond - I like to use whole almond, roughly chopped. You can use pre cut slivered almond or use just almond flour for nutty flavor and mild crunch.
Garlic - Fresh garlic will give the best flavor, but if you don't have, use garlic powder. If you want to avoid garlic, you can use some dry herbs too for flavor or your choice of spices.
Coconut - I have prepared this dish using desiccated coconut as well freshly grated coconut. Both works just fine. Avoid using coconut flour as that will not give the coconut flavor or the crunch.
Cumin Seeds - Cumin seeds adds an earthy aroma to the air fried green beans. You don't have to restrict to just cumin seeds. Based on what spices you have at home, feel free to add some for seasoning and taste.
Steps to prepare Air Fried Green Beans
- If you are using whole almond, roughly chop them. You can also soak the almond for a while and discard the skin.
- Add the chopped almond to a bowl, and to that add the grated garlic. If you don't have fresh garlic, you can use garlic powder too.
3. To the bowl add the coconut, salt, cumin powder, and oil. Give a mix.
4. Trim the edges of the green beans and slice it in half. You can also leave it whole if you prefer that.
5. Add the green beans to the bowl and mix it around.
6. Cook in the Air fryer until it crunchy. The coconut and garlic will turn golden brown and the green beans will have a lovely crunch.
Can you make this dish in stove top ?
Yes! I have made the same dish in stove top too. I do boil the green beans just for a while before cooking it with the rest of the ingredients in a stove top.
Make sure to cook in medium low heat, so the coconut doesn't get burnt and the green beans cooks to crunchy texture.
Serving the Air fried Green Beans
You can serve it as a side dish with roti or paratha. It pairs well with Masoor Dal and rice for a simple dinner idea.
Simultaneously, you can also serve it with grilled meat or fish.
Reheating the leftover
I would recommend reheating in the air fryer just for a couple of minutes as it will bring back the crunch on the green beans, which you will not get if you microwave heat it.
Try these sides dishes
KUMRO PALAK (PUMPKIN WITH SPINACH)
BRUSSELS SPROUTS POTATO STIR FRIED
Absolutely! It uses very less oil to cook the green beans in the Air fryer, and it turns crunchy delicious.
Yes, you can use aluminum foil or parchment paper to avoid the coconut flakes from falling through the holes.
You can use that method, too, for the mixture to coat the green beans. You could use a stove top to fry the beans or use the oven too.
Air Fried Green Beans with almond and coconut
- 7 oz Fresh green beans
- 4 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup almonds
- ¼ cup Fresh or desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- Roughly chop the almonds. You can discard the skin if you like. Place the chopped almond in a mixing bowl.
- To the bowl add the grated garlic, coconut, salt, cumin seeds and oil. Mix everything.
- Wash the green beans and trim the edges. Then slice in half or leave it whole. Add it to the mixing bowl and mix it around.
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 400 F and spray a little oil. Then layer the green beans from the mixing bowl and Air Fry for 10 minutes. Shake once in between.
- Enjoy fresh once done.
What a lovely combination! I think my boys will absolutely love it if I cut the beans into small pieces! I will definitely try this 🙂
Anindya S Basu
Personally I don't like beans as the main character but you have put this up in a beautiful way. Great photography as always.
Laura | Tutti Dolci
Green beans are one of my favorite sides. I love that crunchy topping!
We too don't eat green beans as much as we should. Thanks for sharing a new way to include them.
Megan @ Meg is Well
The simplicity and flavors have me salivating, which I don't usually do over green beans. I'd say you successfully upscaled green beans!
Nomita | Ebabee
Very interesting idea - unusual flavours. BTW, tried out your instant naans at the weekend and I was so pleased with the result. Had it with homemade barbecued lamb tikkas, tangdi kebab and dal and really enjoyed. Now I really feel we can have naan anytime. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
The crunch topping looks really great on the green beans!
lovely recipe often cook green beans with coconut
What a fun and different new flavor combination for green beans!
What a clever way to eat green beans...I bet it will be a hit in our nest. Happy feasting!
A great combination! Such a great way to flavour beans.