This is one of those days when you break your head to come up with some desert idea. We will have some friends over for lunch tomorrow and we will be meeting them after ages, so it was special and really wanted to make something simple yet yummy. A Cake .. yes!! Now the next question is what flavor cake?? it’s late evening, very cold outside ..brrr!!! and in no mood to go for shopping. Then suddenly I remembered of this huge packet of almond which was waiting in my kitchen for a long time for some justice! Obvious choice, Almond Cake. I only wished I had bought pre-cut once , but again when you have a food processor .. why worry at all 🙂
- 2 cups almond
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbs vanila extract
- In a food processor grind 1 cup almond to fine dust and the rest 1 cup almond give a rough chop with knife or pulse it using food processor.
- In a bowl, whisk egg with sugar until it's smooth.
- To that now add oil and melted butter and whisk again for two minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour with the baking powder, salt and 1 cup almond powder that you had grind earlier. Give it a mix.
- Pour the dry ingredients to the wet ingredient bowl and whisk until it's all combined together.
- Now add milk, vanilla extract and whisk.
- Grease your baking pan with melted butter and dust it with some flour.
- Pour the batter on a loaf pan and spread the roughly chopped almond on top.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 350 F for 50 mins or until a knife comes out clean when poke in the center of the cake.
Copyright: Playful Cooking
comments on this post are currently closed.